"El Whatever"

Congrats, Dads!!! ... and ride report...

Congrats all of you dads!!

It's Father's day here in Mexico and in the US too, I think.

I took a quick ride today that turned out to be a muddy one.

Here are some pics...

Trail ahoy!!

Switchblade in the early morning...

View from the cockpit...

Mud anyone??

The climb...

Aftermath...

Cheers!!
    Warp
    Check my Site

Where is my mind?
    Yuk!! Glad you had a good Father's day ride. You started showing a few cool single track pics. Did it get to be too much fun to keep taking more pics??
    "'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says god, 'for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing'"

- Douglas Adams: "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

Me hates pinchflat
    Haha the 5th pic is nice
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    "jesus would huck it"
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Happy Father's day.. you fathers

"Its All Good"
    Dam a muddy one Warp, oh I miss the mud, I say that, but after one ride, I would miss the dry....

Did my fathers day ride in Flagstaff, had a blast today, loads of climbing, but was worth the decent.....

Happy fathers day all you dad's............
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

moaaar shimz
    You call that mud Warp? You should have gone yesterday to the Ajusco man... that was a bit epic...

Or this:

Nice though!!!

"El Whatever"
    Well, it was somehow muddy... Ajusco's mud is different, a bit looser, but still "mal pedo".

Those pics are from the beginning of the ride and certainly, Chiluca gets only worst as the rain season kicks in because of the rather low precipitation. It rains by night and then the sun shines during day and combine it with the clay loaded soil.

I had to clean off the donuts twice today.

Sure there are worst places to ride (like Champery).

Cyclopod... I actually stopped in the middle of the singletrack to take those pics. The 8th pic, shows a chute, the right side of it is a small cliff like 30ft deep and you can see how narrow is the entry to the chute. Nothing especially bad, but you have not much room for mistake.

It's part from Tierra Roja trail, which is a nice suspension set-up spot. Small and big hits, rather fast, swooping trail. Bumpy.

I did not take much singletrack, to be honest. It was all wet under the trees and I was rather in a hurry to be back home. I rode like two hours with a few stops in between to catch my breath and take a few pics.

I set the sag at an strict 25% on the AM1 and it was magic. It seems with so many changes I've made that 30% sag is too much and the fork becomes too progressive redering the remaining travel almost unusable. At 25% it feels OK.

The Rampage's were not all the grippy I expected. Definitively they'll be in the closet until rain season ends.

Totally happy with the X.7's... Awesome. There was a moment when the chain literally was using mud as front derailleur and it still shifted flawlessly. Much better than anything Shimano I've had before, which was 9sp Deore and LX and 8sp Alivio. The Alivio was pretty good in the mud, but the X-7 blows it off the water.

Man, that SB frame is nuts... I'm loving it more and more. It's incredible how it pedals over the rough and the traction it gives.

Maggies... oh, man... I love those things. Absolute control and power.
    Check my Site

Ti is addictive
    Gotta love Father's Day for all of us Dad's.........Wifey and Kids blessed me with breakfast and let me get out for a near 60 KM ride (20 Km road, then 40 Km singletrack....All on the Eleven..........) God I'm getting old, shoulda taken the Racer-X, and Damn I gotta get a new softer Saddle.....Those Selle Italia Flite's are for roadies are crotches that are underunder 30 year olds.....gotta stick with WTB pure/Laser.....20 extra grams of padding goes a long way. Then Wifey had an awesome dinner ready for me and the kids....life couldn't get any better.

Happy Fathers day Whafe, Warp, AM.......All the best, and any of you other dad's that I forgot to mention
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Happy Fathers day Whafe, Warp, AM.......All the best, and any of you other dad's that I forgot to mention
    Geolover...
    Check my Site