mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Confusion do i have a racer x or motolite?

Hi all,

Took delivery of my new frame this week very happy TBH it looks like a well made and thought out frame. Was a nice surprise to see carbon seat stay I was expecting a full alloy rear triangle. Tipping the scales just 1kg more than my 456 carbon hardtail frame is a small penalty for going full sus.

Now the confusion on the website the frame is listed as an X but i suspect its a Motolite.

brought it from planet x . co .uk (i would post the direct link but apparently you have to of made 10 post this is my 8th) Anyways if you go to that site find the MTB frames find the alloy X frame you will see the frame in black is a different design.

Orginally ordered the red frame but was told that was out of stock would i like the black one instead. I did asked what the difference was and was told nothing it was just a newer design. But the fact its not listed on the TITUS website in the 2012 range but the red one is i suspect that's not truthful statement.

After a little more googling I suspect its a Motolite frame not actually an X? Can some one confirm this please? Also If it is whats the difference between the X and the Motolite?

Oh one more thing, how do i find out the year of the frame? is it in the serial number?

Thanks

Joel
    Follow me on Twitter @OnOneCarbon456

Hi I'am an On-One Carbon 456 mountain bike, follow me to find out what i get up to...

Dozer
    Hard to say anything without seeing a photo, but the easiest way is to look at the rocker link. On the ML, it attaches to the top tube above the shock. On the X, it attaches to the seat tube below the shock.

Plus, I doubt On One would send you a bike that they haven't had in stock for over a year...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Confusion do i have a racer x or motolite?-comparison.jpg  

Last edited by yeahdog31; 07-27-2012 at 07:06 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    as requested. Red was order, agreed to receive the black just now curious if its an x or motolite...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Hi I'am an On-One Carbon 456 mountain bike, follow me to find out what i get up to...

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Just googled some more pics of the ML i can see that subtle difference now in rocker position. So can any one explain the difference in design seen here?

Dozer
    You have an X. The larger sizes (XL for sure, MAYBE the L as well) have the extra seat tube brace.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Thanks Yeahdog,

it is an XL, i guess that keeps the stand over height sensible

Joel

mtbr member
    Yep, XL X's have the seat brace.