Ti is addictive

Confused as to what to do

Can't decide, with the motolite frame coming and Chad building up the new Eleven as we speak. I can't decide what to do with the HCR. My original plan was to strip it for parts for the Eleven, but now I need to build up the Motolite instead. My question is do I keep it as built or should I strip it and build up the motolite? As time goes by and delivery fast approaching I've started getting nostalgic about my first Titus. Really I don't want to put her out to pasture, but no one really needs 2 Ti hardtails. Come on boys give me some advice. I guess I could always downspec her and make her into a commuter bike. Damn I hate moral(and financial delamna's---->cause I've spent way too much this year)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Keep the poor girl and make her a commuter bike. It would be the decent thing to do.

Ti is addictive
    Thanks Flyer, was exactly thinkin of that. Gotta save up tho, as this last buying spree went from buying the wife a budget ride, to me getting a new hardtail, and then a motolite on top of that. Figure maybe someone out there will sell me a cheap LX/XT groupo for cheap. After this last buying spree, I am definately now a poor beggar. Can anyone spare a dime. Hell, I even went cheap on my Eleven build as I was worried I was spreading myself thin. Maybe Chad will let me go sweep his barns floor for credit(LOL).

Gravity Tester
    I'd watch some of the big box stores and web retailers for season end sales. You can often pick up a pretty nice donor bike (like a Giant Hardtail) for not a lot. Strip the parts, sell the frame. Let someone else buy in quantity, overstock and ultimately end up with an nice component set for far less than you could buy it aftermarket.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Keep the poor girl and make her a commuter bike. It would be the decent thing to do.
    yes, never discard the old girls if possible, always keep em around for when you're bored and could use a change