Spring! Spring! Spring!

Chainstay measurements? El G. - Supermoto

I'm looking into replacement chainstay for my Quasi, or at least thinking about it, and wondering if that from one of these bikes may bolt-on.

It's barely possible that they may, if the main pivot is "close enough" and the steatstay mounts (e.g. horst-link joint) are compatible.

Anybody tried something like this?

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    I'm looking into replacement chainstay for my Quasi, or at least thinking about it, and wondering if that from one of these bikes may bolt-on.

It's barely possible that they may, if the main pivot is "close enough" and the steatstay mounts (e.g. horst-link joint) are compatible.

Anybody tried something like this?
    FWIW, the supermoto and motolite (FR stays) are one-and-the-same. I'd be surprised if the Quasi is any different...besides, the Supermoto is just an updated Quasi.

I bet you could use a later model Moto stay (lighter). Not sure of the El G...it does have a longer published CS length (17.36) than all other Titus models (16.85).
    Extreme stationary biker.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    The El G. chainstay definitely has a different angle from the pivot/knuckle to the long spar of the chainstay. That's the one real worry that I'd have with it.

I may have had a local come up with an actual Quasi stay, but going to keep my options open until things resolve. ;^)