mtbr member
    May 2005

CF seat stays...

With all of the CF stuff flying around and a recent post about the apparent bonding issue with the CF seat-stays, I thoought I'd take a look at mine.

I have a very early CF seat-stay equiped RX. I have abused my RX for about a year and ~ 3500 miles. Here are pics of the four CF seat-stay junctions on my bike.

Look like new to me.

By the way, does anybody know if you can you get a ML2 with silver chain-stays...

That might be the only thing that my wife would notice about my secret "other" bike.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    you're golden!

they definitely look new

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I'd be happy to swap my silver (polished) rear tri with your CF/Hydroformed rear. But if it's a matter of trickery, ie making two bikes look like one, what will you do about the front end?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I would bet that wifey wouldn't notice the rocker arm thing. Colors are another matter.

Ti is addictive
    You guys are evil trying to pull the wool over your sweeties eyes...........just say no to upgrades and be happy with what you have..........in fact probably by next month I'll be one less Titus in the fleet, and have made someone a new Titus owner very happy
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    You guys are evil trying to pull the wool over your sweeties eyes...........
    You're right. No I feel bad. Are you losing the 11? Ti Deluxe perhaps?

Ti is addictive
    Quote Originally Posted by orthorex
    You're right. No I feel bad. Are you losing the 11? Ti Deluxe perhaps?

HCR as a whole bike may be leaving the fold if the guy can come up with the cash......hmmm Ti Deluxe or FCR exogrid??????? I'd have to unload another Titus if I really wanted either one............(hmmm Racer-X or Eleven????????) Dangit Ortho you spawn of Satan, should never have reminded me about the IF...........
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    HCR as a whole bike may be leaving the fold if the guy can come up with the cash......hmmm Ti Deluxe or FCR exogrid??????? I'd have to unload another Titus if I really wanted either one............(hmmm Racer-X or Eleven????????) Dangit Ortho you spawn of Satan, should never have reminded me about the IF...........
    so that's the one.... well given that sweet stable that you have, I don't think you will miss it that much.... and since I guess you will get a new toy and probably make the HCR buyer very happy, it's all good!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Now that I am the devil , I am free to drop this bomb on you...

CLICK IF YOU DARE