Thread: CCDB air tuning

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

CCDB air tuning

Guys,

Need some help... And I may be abit thick, so bear with me.... Got a CCDBA with my EGV3... Problems...

1) I can't seem to be that "distinctive click" with each turn... Something that seems to be pretty obvious if u go by CCDBA instructions. So am I the only one?

2) so what should be considered "one full turn"? Is it "one complete turn of the knob" or "as much as u can turn when using the supplied lever" - coz using the lever probably takes u 4 turn to get the knob to turn 1 complete turn?

Nvr would I thought that turning a knb can be such a difficult task!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    What are you using to turn the knobs? There should have been a small black wrench with closed ends that came with the bike, so you can turn both the small knobs and the large knobs. On my V3 with the CCDBA i turned the small knobs both all the way in and then all the way out to see how many clicks they had. The clicks are not as pronounced as a Fox shock, but you can feel the restriction (clicks) if you turn the knobs very slowly. Same with the large knobs. Your second question, 1 full turn is 360 degrees, but i am confused why you are asking about a full turn. Try to get the knobs to free up and just count the clicks. The Cane Creek web site is very helpful with the setup of the DB shock and once you get it set up correctly, it is very plush.
    Last edited by doralswheels; 12-27-2012 at 06:32 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    go to the cane creek ccdb lounge that you have their tunnes form other people how run ccdb air on titus el guapo.

The Lounge