Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009

CCDB-Air for EG ver 3

Can anyone help? I just bought an EG v3 with a CCDB-Air... Quick browse at CC webby and saw several CC recommended "base tune" for their CCDB-Air.... But nothing for the EG.... Can anyone here help?

Tinny

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Here is a bit of tuning advice I received from Ed Oxley from great rock cycles about tuning the DBair to the El Guapo: "I have 90psi in the shock for about 30% sag. I weigh 11 1/2 stone. Any more and you'll be striking pedals. From the standard settings I've taken a fair bit off both high and low speed compression. I've taken a few turns off high speed rebound and added some slow speed rebound." Hopefully that will put you fairly close to where you need to be. Also, keep an eye on the air can as mine was making contact with the rocker arm and gouged out a nice little section of the shock.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDadyy View Post
    Here is a bit of tuning advice I received from Ed Oxley from great rock cycles about tuning the DBair to the El Guapo: "I have 90psi in the shock for about 30% sag. I weigh 11 1/2 stone. Any more and you'll be striking pedals. From the standard settings I've taken a fair bit off both high and low speed compression. I've taken a few turns off high speed rebound and added some slow speed rebound." Hopefully that will put you fairly close to where you need to be. Also, keep an eye on the air can as mine was making contact with the rocker arm and gouged out a nice little section of the shock.
    And for those that are wondering, 1 stone is 14 lbs. So Ed is ~160 lbs.

Dont Rep me
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    And for those that are wondering, 1 stone is 14 lbs. So Ed is ~160 lbs.
    Wouldn't that depend on the size of the stone?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    thanks for the clarification guys and the tuning tips.... i will give that a go and see if it fits my style... i am about 75kg, which puts me at about the same number of stones at CDady.. now i am more concern with the possibility of my EG rocker link killing off "a nice little section of the shock"... surely titus should not be stocking a frame with a shock that doesn't fit, right?

mtbr member
    Also, keep an eye on the air can as mine was making contact with the rocker arm and gouged out a nice little section of the shock.
    Sounds odd. It has clearance, providing the air can is rotated into the right aspect. If it's not it could well catch.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Hi Brant,

I don't really understand what do you mean by the "right aspect"? can you post a picture? i bought mine from one-on UK webby? do you know if they pack the shock in the box or mounted? Sure hope its mounted so that i may have the option of trading in for a CCBD coil eventually..... just keeping my options option.....

on the forward (progressive) and bottom (linear) hole..... should i mount mine CCDB air in the forward hole for better small bump sensitivity?

regards
    tw

mtbr member
    keep an eye on the air can as mine was making contact with the rocker arm and gouged out a nice little section of the shock.
    We are mystified.
    I thought maybe the air can could hit if the air can was positioned in a certain way, but apparently not...

I asked our mechanic to check it over. His comments:-
    The only way it could hit the rocker is if the bushing were wrong, the bushing holds it dead centre and its impossible for it to contact.
    I've cycled a shock through its full travel and there is no point where it touches the rocker
    When compressed the shock actually moves further away from the rocker. Its closest when fully extended (2mm each side). the only way it will catch is if the bushing is not installed correctly/worn or the bolt is loose.
    Do you have it set up correctly? Air can to the rear, piggy back underneath?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    We are mystified.
    I thought maybe the air can could hit if the air can was positioned in a certain way, but apparently not...

I asked our mechanic to check it over. His comments:-

Do you have it set up correctly? Air can to the rear, piggy back underneath?

That is the exact way I had it set up. The contact was more significant on the right side of the shock but the left side was making contact as well. The rocker arms also have worn down to the bare metal where they were making contact with the shock.

Outcast
    My Vivid air is also a VERY close fit with the rocker, and where it comes closest, is at full extension. It is VERY important that the space for the rear shock mount in the rear of the swing link actually be machined as close as possible to the center of the rocker, with respects to the forged interior aspects of the rocker that it comes closest contact to. It is also important hat the shock mounting bushings be equal in length to each other, If the first aspect is off, bushings that are several thousands of an inch different in length can be used to correct the offset of the link.
    In summary, there is not a lot of room in the swing link for a CCDB-A or a Vivid air, but inconsistencies can be manipulated. I had to do so with my vivid, ad we are talking about sizes of about .003 of an inch. Good luck.

mtbr member
    CDadyy and Judyklein...do you have pictures? It would help everyone understand what is going on.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Hey craigstr.. I'm not the one with the problem.... Im still waiting for my frame to arrive from UK with my CCDB air.... Which hopefully will not suffer from the same

Dont Rep me
    my EG with CCDB just came in, and like Brant said I have 1-2 mm clearance.
    But If I were to use the forward shock mount, looks like it may make it even tighter.
    Like craigstr mentioned, a pic would be nice...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer.2 View Post
    my EG with CCDB just came in, and like Brant said I have 1-2 mm clearance.
    But If I were to use the forward shock mount, looks like it may make it even tighter.
    Like craigstr mentioned, a pic would be nice...
    What color did you get? Size? How much does yours weight?

Dont Rep me
    Quote Originally Posted by doralswheels View Post
    What color did you get? Size? How much does yours weight?
    White medium, 7 lb on digital bathroom scale.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I have just received my el guapo and have a question:

In the ccdb I am running 120psi for 77kg(+\-30% of sag).
    How are the people using the other adjustments so I could have a starting point.

Another issue is that the ccdb just passes by milimeters from the rear end as stated before. I really hope that It does not rub because it ill break my heart.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Anyone here order the EG w/CCDB Air from On One but having it shipped to the states? Wondering what your out-the-door price was after customs got a hold of it. Feel free to PM me or just post up here. @judyklien - I tried PM'ing you but the site didn't let me. Hopefully you can chime in here. How long is it taking to get the frame setup from On One?

Edit: I tried contacting On One direct, here's what I got: "Hi, There is no VAT added, this is only applicable in Europe. Unfortunately I wouldn't know what taxes are levied upon arriving in the states, your local customs rep may be more helpful with this matter."
    Last edited by chrisingrassia; 08-28-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Dont Rep me
    I didn't pay any tariffs or fees for shipping to US, took about 2 weeks to get the frame delivered.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Just what you pay for the frame & shipping

Quote Originally Posted by chrisingrassia View Post
    Anyone here order the EG w/CCDB Air from On One but having it shipped to the states? Wondering what your out-the-door price was after customs got a hold of it. Feel free to PM me or just post up here. @judyklien - I tried PM'ing you but the site didn't let me. Hopefully you can chime in here. How long is it taking to get the frame setup from On One?

Edit: I tried contacting On One direct, here's what I got: "Hi, There is no VAT added, this is only applicable in Europe. Unfortunately I wouldn't know what taxes are levied upon arriving in the states, your local customs rep may be more helpful with this matter."
    I tried to buy a v3 from US Titus, but they were out of raw large frames. I logged on the On-one UK web and bought a v3 with the ccdb shock for $142 more than it would have cost in the US for the same frame with a Rock Shock including shipping. There was no vat or any other tax, just a beat up cardboard box delievered by USPS, plus they took paypal. Delievery time was 17 days to Long Beach, Ca. With a good amount of bouble wrap, the frame wasn't damaged, but you wouldn't know it from the looks of the cardboard box. My ccdb clears the swing link on both sides by 2-3 mm. Great looking frame. Hope to be riding it soon.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by doralswheels View Post
    I tried to buy a v3 from US Titus, but they were out of raw large frames. I logged on the On-one UK web and bought a v3 with the ccdb shock for $142 more than it would have cost in the US for the same frame with a Rock Shock including shipping. There was no vat or any other tax, just a beat up cardboard box delievered by USPS, plus they took paypal. Delievery time was 17 days to Long Beach, Ca. With a good amount of bouble wrap, the frame wasn't damaged, but you wouldn't know it from the looks of the cardboard box. My ccdb clears the swing link on both sides by 2-3 mm. Great looking frame. Hope to be riding it soon.
    Right?? This is why I'm so confused on the pricing too...for only $142 more dollars, why wouldn't I get the CCDB? Just ordered the large in white w/CCDB.....gonna make my own custom build with Marzocchi 55 Ti EVO. Really excited. This'll be my first custom build.

Even though the clearance is only 2-3mm w/the CCDB, do you foresee any rubbing issues?
    Last edited by chrisingrassia; 08-29-2012 at 07:47 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I don't think there is that much movment in the swing link as long as you have some clearence (2-3mm) so i don't see any problem at least with my frame and ccdb shock. Your build sounds good with the M-55ti.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    brant Cane Creek has just release some new interior for the CCDB air for the people how can not achieve the full travel of the shock.
    Would you at on one retrofit this to the owners that have already bought the frame with this shock?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Good news is I'm able to use up to almost 85-90% of the ccdb air travel in every ride.... That's good enough for me...... One complain is that the low compression may be a little on the harsh side..... I may turn it wide open this weekend and see if I can see the difference

mtbr member
    I read over on the knolly forum that Cane Creek was doing the mod for free if you send it in.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    I read over on the knolly forum that Cane Creek was doing the mod for free if you send it in.
    What will they do? increasing the volume?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast