mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Carbon Rockstar Horstlink bushings

Hi

Has anybody else had problems with their bushings? On my frame they seem to last 2-3 months before play starts to develop.

I bought this frame from On-One UK in March 2013. I was send a set of bushings for free the first time I noticed the play. Now that set is worn out. I think they should last a little longer. And sourcing them from Europe isn't that easy, since On-One don't seem to stock them at the moment.

Sorry I had to start with negative feedback. I absolutely love the bike though. It rocks!

Greetins from Finland
    mtbr member
    I've got close to a thousand miles on my carbon rockstar with no issues. What I did find when my frame was new was that the female portion of the bolt that holds the horst link together was slightly too long and would have the slightest bit of play. I took a bench grinder and removed about 1mm of material from the female nut portion and it has been tight ever since.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    The pivot pin being too long would make sense. Although I didn't notice any play when the frame was new.

Actually after changing the bushings, I noticed that right side was OK and the left side had small lateral play. I fixed that by inserting thin shims made out of beer can under the bushings. Left side has been OK since. Now the right side is worn so bad that I can feel the play also by pulling on the seatstay and chainstay.

There was originally thin shims beneath the bushings. When I get some new bushings I'll put more shims on the other side also. Hopefully that'll help.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Local bike shop Fillariosa - We Fix You Ride got me some new bushings. Now I have even some extra ones for future... After four rides no play on the bushings hopefully the new ones will last longer than two months.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Well all was good for about 3 months...

Does anybody have the torque specs for the Carbon Rockstar? I had a link to the old titusti.com site, but that has stopped working.

mtbr member
    PM me your email address. Brant told me to go off the carbon Racer X sheet which I have printed in my garage. I can scan it and send it to you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Thank you! That should work.