Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    11 is one louder than 10

Carbon Rockstar- 3 things I would like to see.

Considering getting my first Titus in years again.

Would like to see the following...

1. Full Geometry Chart. Wheelbases, chanstay lengths, top tube length, and effective top tube lengths etc. The chart listed on the website to buy only has a few measurements (and it appears really short top tubes, not sure if those are measured or effective...)

2. Would like it to have a 142 x 12 rear. Or a 142 x 12 option. I know that's not immediately a possibility, but even a retrofittable chainstay portion would be nice down the road.

3. A simple allen bolt seat clamp since it's proprietary to the Rockstar. QR is a pain with a carbon seatpost, and frankly I don't change seat height that often.

Dig the look of the frameset though, and the price is right.
    Last edited by Green Giant; 03-14-2013 at 04:12 AM.
    "The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

mtbr member
    Email Brant via his website or PM him here to get the geometry numbers.
    Shed Fire : Designing for On-One, Titus and Planet X from Calderdale.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Hello criagstr
    Thanks for your feed back the other day, much appreciated.
    Is your seat position holding with the stock Titus QR seat clamp?
    Also did you get the stock shock with the RS and how is it working, is the lock out a solid lock out ?
    I was going to get the frame w/o the shock and install a
    X fusion 02 RLX-3P or a 02 RCX AV 4P shock. with a X fusion slide front fork.
    Any input would be helpful. Thank you

mtbr member
    Yes, the stock clamp works great, it covers much more surface area then a standard clamp, I used a little carbon friction paste and I cant rotate the post, I didn't have to over tighten the clamp either. The new Monarch RT3 does have a full lockout, last years just had a very firm position. Not sure if this is a new option or standard. The shock isn't broken in yet and feels a bit firm and it is a "LL" tune, meaning low compression, low rebound. So if you get a X Fusion shock make sure it is a low tune, the Rockstar has a very low leverage ratio.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Thank you for the good info. I think I'm going to get the frame with the shock and try it.
    I might as well, because Titus will only give me $100.00 for the shock and I can get more for it on ebay.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    criagstr. Hello
    Just wanted to thank you again for your help with making my decision
    I pulled the trigger on a medium ROCKSTAR CARBON, it will be at my door Monday.
    I will post pics as soon as I have it in my hands. I have a killer build kit in the works
    for it.
    Thanks chaosquest

mtbr member
    Sweet..I'm actually going to ride mine tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    ok... i want to know how is the performance... i like the frame, and i read the geometry is similar to specialized with fsr suspension.... im waiting for more reviews

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    YES I want to hear your feed back from your ride criagstr

alonso
    I happen to be a mechanical design engineer, so I am very
    critical on design, function and manufacturing processes. I have spent a number of months deciding on a frame and I was prepared to spend $3000.00.
    I looked at the Specialized Epic full carbon, not impressed.
    The only other choices I had was the new Bianchi Menthol fs (not available in USA)
    or the Scott spark. I tried to bring the Bianchi in through Canada without success. Patent issues with Specialized and the Scott spark is just another over priced "drink the cool-aid" brand.
    Titus obviously has worked out the Horst link patent use with specialized, a big plus for Titus and their consumers. NO mfg has a full T7 T8 HMC mono-c full frame kit that even comes close to the Titus RSC for the money, so why spend more $$$$$$$.
    You will be very happy with the Titius, they nailed it.
    I only wish it had a 15mm rear, maybe in 2014 Titius will offer that.
    Not a deal breaker though.
    I would also like to add that Micheal and the crew at Titus provide great customer support and the purchasing process was simple easy and quick.
    chaosquest

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Chaosquest
    i drove a lot of mtbs last 3 months on XC and trails .... so... definitely , dont like trek..., scott, giant, rocky mountain, gt, diamonback, fuji , khs, and others.
    but instead i love specialized, cannondale, santacruz, BH...
    well it s my opinion....and depends configuration... but last week really surprise me the scalpel 29er sl1 full carbon X0 ......faster like a HT...
    so.... if you know some more info... about New titus frame...please post it

mtbr member

Wow.

That's the one thing that keeps coming to mind...the other is HOLY F@*K this thing is fast! My first thoughts were how much more laterally stiff it was while climbing, it just wants to thrust forward, much stiffer then the aluminum version. The RT3 with full lockout and RS SID with lockout makes it even stiffer when you are on the flats but I did most of my climbing in the "pedal" mode on the shock, it just claws up loose, rocky trail. The shock seems a bit more compliant then the one on the AL version. When the trail turned down is when it really excelled. Carbon has a weird property, it soaks up all the vibration yet allows you to feel the trail. I found myself going scary fast. With the 10mm thru axle conversion on the American Classic wheels, I had no issues with the tire rubbing the chainstay, back end felt much stiffer then the AL version with CB wheels. I wouldnt change a thing on my component choices, the Hope brakes are the real deal, super quiet and strong. The XO gripshift is quick and natural. I was very impressed with the MIchelin RaceR tires, rolled well yet traction was not an issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carbon Rockstar- 3 things I would like to see.-p1050428.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I like the Scalpel allot too, but the single pivot design is subject to brake jack.
    I also have an issue with the way cannondale bolts the seat stay's together
    with a bridge link bar with the alum tube through the inside diameter.
    For a 3000+ frame it lacks fallow through and creativity. Don't get me wrong it's an OK design However I prefer the FSR horst design very smoooooooth.

I must also say I am a champion for the cause for lower cost, higher quality full carbon frames and Titus has in my opinion done a great job, Not to mention PLANETX.
    I will be getting one of the PLANETX n2A road frames here, after my build is done on my ROCKSTAR.
    I have got a number of positive things to post regarding The Titus RSC but at risk of over doing it and sounding like a total bike techno geek I will wait until I have the frame
    in my hands next week. Based on everything so far I think the TRSC will preform as expected, stiff, fast, smooooth, efficient and look f-ing cool.

TITUS has got TO MAKE THE RSC IN MATTE CARBON. if you got flaunt it and a
    15MM REAR. OK I'm done.
    chaosquest

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    look at that sh8888t, nice to hear criagstr
    I f------ing cant wait till I got mine built

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    like I said fast, stiff, smoooooooooooooooooooooth and looks F%$*KING COOOOOL
    Titus rocks, no pun intended LOL

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    hey criagstr you running 23mm tubeless AC wheels?

mtbr member
    Actually they are the MTB 29 which are 26mm wide/23mm deep. Can you elaborate on full T7 T8 HMC mono-c full frame you were talking about? Is that some sort of carbon standard?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Here is something I put together for a jersey kit. I it designed especially for the new TRSC. Thought I would share it see what you guys think. it.Carbon Rockstar- 3 things I would like to see.-titus-2013-crs-jersey-ss-1.jpg
    the base sublamay graphic is carbon fiber.

mtbr member
    Sweet, I'll take a large

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    TORAY is the MFG for the majority of high modules carbon fibers for bikes and aircraft.
    t700 and t800 is the mfg id code node for the carbon, that is used in the TCRS.
    I'm not sure of the tensile node if it's 30 or 40 ton rating.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Really glad you like it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    WELL I GOT IT TODAY!

Picked it up from FedEx this morning. 3 days from
    TITUS to RAPID CITY SD.
    Micheal at TITUS shipped it the same day I made my purchase.
    Opened the box in front of the FEDEX guy just in case the frame had been damaged, NO WORRIES ALL is good the frame is perfect, stunning kick ass masterpiece of cool shizniz bad ass glory condition.
    Went to my LBS to show off the new ride (BLACK HILLS BIKES) they were really impressed and were amazed at the quality, design, and the price.
    Carbon Rockstar- 3 things I would like to see.-mytrsc-boxed-1.jpg
    Carbon Rockstar- 3 things I would like to see.-mytrsc-1.jpg
    More info and pics soon

mtbr member
    Sweet!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    ok chaos... just write what do you thing about it... looks great... but i dont like de shock in opposite position...

mtbr member
    I thought the same about the shock but it has no effect on how it performs, after riding it that way I actually prefer it as I can see all the markings for which way the lever is supposed to go.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Yes I thought the same thing at first too, but I'm OK with it now and it puts the weight of the shock back towards the rear. I have had the weekend to spend some time inspecting and checking the frame, I will say I am really still very impressed. Everyone I show the TRSC frame to, can't believes the design, quality and then the price. I ran into a guy the other day who just got a specialized aluminum epic for $3600.00 and when I told him what I will have into the build with components, that kick the Sh**t out of what comes with the factory specialized epic, the poor guy started to turn red, with disappointment and said I wish I had known that Titus offered such a nice product.
    My parts will be flowing in this week.

COMPONENTS BUILD KIT
    FORK / X FUSION SLIDE / 15MMQR / BLACK / 80-100-120 / 1790g
    HEADSET / FSA CF-40 CARBON / 90.8g
    CRANKS / FSA K FORCE LITE CARBON COMPACT 175MM 39T-28T / 621g
    BB FSA 9200 CERAMIC MEGA XO E-THREADED / 107G
    BRAKES XTR RACE / ICE TECH / BLACK
    ROTORS XTR CTR LOCK / ICE TECH
    WHEELS / NOT SURE ?????????????????????? NEED HELP
    FRONT-D / SRAM X0 DIRECT HIGH MOUNT 2X10 / 115g
    REAR-D / SRAM X9-10SPD TYPE2 / 250g
    CASSETTE SRAM XG-1080 / 239G