Thread: Carbon Racer X?

MTB SOCAL

Carbon Racer X?

Any thoughts on the carbon Racer X? I currently have a Moto-Lite and love it. But, I don't ride it too much because I'm on my Moment or the singlespeed. The Moto-Lite has some nice parts on it, so I was thinking about maybe using them to build up a carbon Racer X. But, I wanted to hear any reviews - either pro or con about the bike. Thanks.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

K n e e m o i
    Why would you consider RX? If you enjoy riding the Ellsworth Moment, I don't think RX would be enjoyable for you. RX is not in the same class as the Moment. RX is much more stiff. If you're just considering the RX because of "carbon factor", then I suggest you go SJ carbon or Ibis.
    "Prison sports are really fun. I get used as a frisbee, a dartboard, and a second base!" - Kneemoi

MTB SOCAL
    I didn't end up buying the carbon Racer X ( it sold this morning on ebay for a little under $1800). But, I did end up picking up a new Epiphany frame. I'll probably build it up with the parts from the MotoLite. I love my Moment as well as my Rogue. I was just thinking about building up a lighter 4-5 inch travel xc / trail bike. I think I'll be able to get the Epi to around 26 lbs. Thanks.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03