mtbr member
    May 2005

Carbon fiber seat stay

Anybody in Titus land have problems with chain slap on the drive side CF seat stay? Has the contour been enough to avoid it? Anybody slap some protection on that area?

Thanks from a very soon to be RX Ti lover.
    Last edited by orthorex; 07-25-2006 at 08:44 AM.

information leafblower
    Oct 2004

durability

not sure if it was from chainslap or not, but have definitely chipped the clearcoat over the carbon in a few places...best bet seems to be motorcycle anti skuff tape - clear, durable, cheap. Plus, if you do it from the moment you have the frame it will be like a second skin and keep it looking pristine...
    i've got one inch, who needs more?

[SIZE="2"](wanted small or medium 93 or earlier race lite, must have bonded TT cable guides) [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You wrote chain stays in your post and seat stays in your title. While the seat stays are CF the chain stays are aluminum. I've not had any issues with the CF seat stay or the chain stay (I have had the clear coat on the aluminum at the top of the seat stay all flake off).
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Titus Racer X
    Lynskey Singlespeed

K n e e m o i
    Yes, I noticed that. I just touched it up with clearcoat and covered it with tape. It works well
    "Prison sports are really fun. I get used as a frisbee, a dartboard, and a second base!" - Kneemoi

Get out of town!
    I have some clear coat flaking as well. My bad for not taping it off sooner but I'm not too worried.
    "You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."