mtbr member

Cane creek dbl brl on and 2010 EG??

I'm looking into coil shocks for the EG this year. I'll ride it most of the time and my cannondale for the occasional race day. That being said I've been known to spend 35+ miles on the EG and I'm looking for some more comfort on long excursions into the deep woods of WV. Lots of trails here are rough with roots and square edge washed out ruts and small stutter-bump type hits.

I'm intrested in something plush but still having some kind of platform to prevent my toes from touching dirt if I have to stand up to crank a quick hill.

I've looked at the fox dhx coils and cane creek shocks. The CC costs about 100$ more but the adjustments seem to be more precise. The CC doesn't have what everyone else calls "pro-pedal" but I belive that is why they have a low speed compression adjust (what propedal really is anyhow)

The fox also seems to be geared more toward dh use also.

What sizes should I be considering for length and stroke?
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    sent you a pm back Mikey.

mtbr member

8.5 x 2.5

Only size that will fit. You might look at the new Monarch, super plush in the open position, and almost a lock out in the firm position. $230 shipped from titus. I've tried my DHX 5 on my EG and really didnt notice much difference from the stock RP23.

mtbr member
    Did you try the coil dhx or the air? Not a rockshox fan myself.

mtbr member
    Looking for options as well. The original Pearl 3.1 on my 08 ain't cutting it...

mtbr member

Coil

Quote Originally Posted by terrible
    Did you try the coil dhx or the air? Not a rockshox fan myself.
    With a Ti spring. I wasnt a RS fan either until I got my Totem DH Coil. After reading so much praise about the Monarch from Darren at Push, I thought I'd give it a try. Virtually no stiction due to some unique system that bleeds air in the initial stroke, very progressive. It hasnt seen dirt yet but I have ridden it around the park and jumped off some curbs etc. I'm running about 145 psi (30% sag) and I am 185 lbs.

mtbr member
    just found this sexy little fella too.

http://www.elkasuspension.com/?q=mtbstage5

MC MasterShake
    I had a DB on an 08 EG that I was running awhile back and it was excellent. The DB was a significant upgrade over the DHX Air that it came with. I ride really rocky stuff in New England and I hit some good size drops and sharp rollers and the DB was able to take the bigger hits yet remain compliant on the smaller stuff.

I would also do all day XC rides on buffed out trails and I never found a need for any propedal stuff. The EG frame is great pedaler and doesn't really need any of that stuff unless you're trying to beat the 29'r hardtail guys to the top. The DB has great mid-stroke support so when you stand and hammer you don't wallow (like the DHX Air did). If you know you're going to be doing nothing but hammering buff trails you can add more LSC will firm things up and make the ride snappier.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible
    just found this sexy little fella too.

http://www.elkasuspension.com/?q=mtbstage5

But the price on this coming with a Ti coil is pretty unbeatable.
    http://www.dsp-racing.com/duelercoilshock.asp

Friend had it... found the rebound a bit too fast. sent it back and had it restacked with minimal fuss and turnaround time...

mtbr member

Actually have one of those coming for my knolly

Quote Originally Posted by anvil_den
    But the price on this coming with a Ti coil is pretty unbeatable.
    http://www.dsp-racing.com/duelercoilshock.asp

Friend had it... found the rebound a bit too fast. sent it back and had it restacked with minimal fuss and turnaround time...
    They are sending me one to review, its the same size as the EG shock, maybe I can get some time on the EG with it too.

mtbr member
    I'm a little leary of dropping 350$ on a shock I've never heard of. I'd rather stick with the big guys for my suspension parts.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Why would you get a double over the new rc4?

I have not been following the double, has it even change since it first came out?

mtbr member
    Why would you get a double over the new rc4?
    Looking at all options. After a ride tonight I'm back on the fence about going to coil from air.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr
    They are sending me one to review, its the same size as the EG shock, maybe I can get some time on the EG with it too.

Thats nice!

Looks like almost all the shocks are covered.

I am having a longer wait then expected on my X-fusion Vector HLR, should be arriving anytime now.

Hmmm I guess among the regular posters around here...all it leaves is to see an Elka on an EG plus some review