Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Calling all size small motolite riders...

how tall are you guys? im 5'7" with a 30" inseam...i feel i can go for either a small or medium. any advice would be much appreciated! TIA!!!

Ti is addictive
    Uhmmm, give us your weight as well..........

Shorter stroke shock on Small vs Medium, so more added pressure needed to prevent blowthru of travel if you're big boned like me. If you're sub 150 lbs I think you are ok, if over may wanna go medium with short stem to take advantage of the longer shock on Medium.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

Veni Vidi Vici
    I am 5'7" 30 inseam, I weigh 175 lbs I have been punishing and been having so much fun with my Medium Motolite for more than a year now... my stem is thomson 90mm... 5 1/2-6 in exposed seatpost... no complains/still stoked everytime i go out with it... I also have a friend 5'7" 29 inseam that opted for small... no complains either..

Paper or plastic?
    Small ML, 5'7", 29" inseam, Gravity Dropper and 90mm stem. I like a short cockpit.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    5'8, 30" on a medium

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Small

I'm 5'8" and went with a small without a test ride. 90mm stem. I felt both frames were very similar in every aspect except the shock stroke and standover. The top tube difference can be made up by stem length and saddle position. I'm happy with my decission. I also weigh in at 130lb so the shock stroke isn't as big an issue for me, and the extra standover is very nice to have. From all the back and forth and research I did before buying it seems you can't go wrong if you're in between both.

The rear shock has been a bit tricky to dial in but after I hit 250 miles it settled in and i haven't touched it since.

Good luck
    "you don't wanna know and I don't know!"

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Uhmmm, give us your weight as well..........

Shorter stroke shock on Small vs Medium, so more added pressure needed to prevent blowthru of travel if you're big boned like me. If you're sub 150 lbs I think you are ok, if over may wanna go medium with short stem to take advantage of the longer shock on Medium.

150 lbs soaking wet! I am leaning toward the small so i can have the extra stand-over height.

Ti is addictive
    Quote Originally Posted by lonnie_20
    150 lbs soaking wet! I am leaning toward the small so i can have the extra stand-over height.

My thinking exactly, I'm just under 5'8" with 29.5 inseam and I weigh in at 195 full gear and I have no issues with the small. Others seem a bit more sensitive over the difference, so just warning you. At a buck fifty you should be fine
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    im looking at the sizing chart on the Titus website...what is the difference between the Motolite 100 and 130?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    That is a bit outdated...

100 means running the Moto Lite with a 100mm travel fork (475mm axle to crown height)

130 means running the Moto Lite with a 130mm travel fork (505mm axle to crown height)

It does not refer to the 4" or 5" travel settings on the ML. The ML travel change does not affect geometry itself. It is the fork length that changes geometry (i.e. 100mm travel fork vs 130mm travel fork) in the two charts.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lonnie_20
    im looking at the sizing chart on the Titus website...what is the difference between the Motolite 100 and 130?
    Fork difference only. Everything else is the same.

Small fits you right in the middle where it's intended (5'6 - 5'9 rider).

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Another vote for Small. I'm 5.7, 32 inseam at 145lbs and the fit is perfect!

S.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I'd say you're right in there for a small ML. We usually put riders up to 5'9" on small ML and Racer-x's plus, the fox rp23 is a very capable rear shock.
    ~ferretboy

Adventure Mapper
    5'9", 180 Small, 110mm stem, 140mm Pike. Its killer for the DH, a little small for the XC, perfect for my style of AM

mtbr member
    5'6", 29.5" inseam, 135 lbs.
    I just picked up a small ML and took it for a quick shakedown ride. Fits perfectly and climbs better than I had expected, coming from a hardtail.
    Now if I can just figure out what is squeaking, and get the shock pressure dialed, I'm ready for the weekend.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I'm SHOCKED that all you guys are on smalls!!

I'm 5'2" with a 29"ish inseam and I'm on a small!! I spent a lot of time testing between the xs and the small and even Titus Jim agreed the XS looked too small (I felt like I was riding a toy). Granted, I have a 50mm stem - but still -

Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnBikerChk

I'm 5'2" with a 29"ish inseam and I'm on a small!! I spent a lot of time testing between the xs and the small and even Titus Jim agreed the XS looked too small (I felt like I was riding a toy). Granted, I have a 50mm stem - but still -
    My GF is 5'5" on XS, with 90mm stem... and i think it fits her very well... I am 5'7" with 30 inseam, 175lbs with gear, in medium and after reading this thread I think I wanna go on small

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnBikerChk

Me too... Actually, I'd be willing to try the small after reading this.

I'm 5'9" with a 32" inseam. I guess maybe the Small would fit a bit better at the top tube, but the Medium fits me better overall.

I'll try some wider bars with a shorter stem. Currently a 90mm, I'll try a 70mm.
    Check my Site

searcher
    I'm 5'8" , and I also ride a small. Fits me perfectly.
    Kovi

Veni Vidi Vici
    last year I remember that for 5'8"-5'9" medium was the popular choice for the ML... but this thread really makes me wonder if I am in a right size... I will try a small this weekend and see how it will feel.... I hope AM chimes in and give us some good oil

Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Me too... Actually, I'd be willing to try the small after reading this.

I'm 5'9" with a 32" inseam. I guess maybe the Small would fit a bit better at the top tube, but the Medium fits me better overall.

I'll try some wider bars with a shorter stem. Currently a 90mm, I'll try a 70mm.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Medium is the best choice for me, no doubt about that. Top tube would be too short otherwise and would need a stem longer than I prefer... and prefer straight seat posts. I also would not ride a 1.5" shock.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    Medium is the best choice for me, no doubt about that. Top tube would be too short otherwise and would need a stem longer than I prefer... and prefer straight seat posts. I also would not ride a 1.5" shock.
    Same here with just one exception.

I could get away with the 1.5" shock. I've been on 2" ones since 2003 now, but I could get away with the 1.5" at my meager 145-150 pounds.

Setback seat posts suck, Titus geometry is slack enough on the seat angle. Toss in a long fork (like an AM1 ) and you end up with a seat angle a bit on the slack side that with a setback would be unbearable on climbs. Long stems suck too.

Here comes what FM was mentioning about long top tubes and short stems... I'm willing to try a 70mm.

In this context, my Medium is perfect for me. On a Small, a shorter seat post would make me run a lot of exposed seat post for my inseam and I'd have to run a longer stem.

Yet, if TiEndo unloads his Small Exo ML someday...
    Check my Site

Veni Vidi Vici
    Same here with just one exception.

to try a 70mm.

In this context, my Medium is perfect for me. On a Small, a shorter seat post would make me run a lot of exposed seat post for my inseam and I'd have to run a longer stem.

Yet, if TiEndo unloads his Small Exo ML someday...
    You mean if it is a small exo it will be a go?

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by barelylegal
    You mean if it is a small exo it will be a go?

Why not??
    Check my Site

Veni Vidi Vici
    Why not??
    I will keep that in mind

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast