Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

A to C fork on Motolite

Looking at picking up a Moto frame. I like the geometry specs as listed on Titus' website, but can't figure out what axle to crown fork measurement the geometry is based around. I've got a Pike 454 dual air fork.

Also - color - one website makes the mango look orange, but on another website it looks more yellow. Which is more accurate?

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Two more questions - weight. What's the large weigh? I see the medium listed as 5.8 lbs, which seems very light for a 5" travel frame.

Also, I currently have a Racer X. Thoughts on how the Moto rides compared to the Racer X? The Moto would replace an older Ventana X-5.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    Two more questions - weight. What's the large weigh? I see the medium listed as 5.8 lbs, which seems very light for a 5" travel frame.

Also, I currently have a Racer X. Thoughts on how the Moto rides compared to the Racer X? The Moto would replace an older Ventana X-5.
    That is about right for the ML. I don't think the large is more than 6lbs.

Can't compare the ride of the ML with the RX, but I would bet it would climb slightly worse but descend slightly better!

And the mango is more yellow than orange.

I think the geometry is based upon a 140mm fork.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus
    I think the geometry is based upon a 140mm fork.
    It's around an A2C of 505mm-510mm, IIRC. It was designed with the old Fox 130mm forks in mind.

The Pike is a great match, but the ML seems to be happier at 120mm or it tends to lift the nose on steep climbs. Nothing that can't be solved putting a bit more of weight forwards, but it's there.

I have the Pike 454 Air U Turn on my Switchblade, which has a 0.25deg steeper HT and 0.25 slacker seat tube. The chainstays are slightly longer on the ML while the BB remains the same.

I really love it.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    It's around an A2C of 505mm-510mm, IIRC. It was designed with the old Fox 130mm forks in mind.

The Pike is a great match, but the ML seems to be happier at 120mm or it tends to lift the nose on steep climbs. Nothing that can't be solved putting a bit more of weight forwards, but it's there.

I have the Pike 454 Air U Turn on my Switchblade, which has a 0.25deg steeper HT and 0.25 slacker seat tube. The chainstays are slightly longer on the ML while the BB remains the same.

I really love it.
    Warp, I thought the numbers on the Titus web-site are from a ML using a Fox 140 fork. No? Are they actually the original numbers from the first ML (from a 130 fork)?

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Wink Two different things

Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus
    Warp, I thought the numbers on the Titus web-site are from a ML using a Fox 140 fork. No? Are they actually the original numbers from the first ML (from a 130 fork)?
    Designed for the then current Talas 130mm. But the later measurements had to be made with the new 140mm Talas that was packaged with most ML kits.

Guess Chris Cocalis lacked a crystal ball when he designed it.