mtbr member

Building my first Titus

Hello,
    I would really like to build a Titus Racer X and add it my colllection. I just need some advice on where to find the best deal for the frame and rear shock? I would also like some advice on the El Guapo and the Motolite because I've heard so much about those bikes that I feel like I might be selling myself short if I don't consider these bikes. I want a fast cross country or all mountain bike. If I get an all mountain bike it will be used more for cross country with the occassionaly 2' drop in there. Any help would be appreciated.

Paul
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com

Veni Vidi Vici
    Bikerbob is the man contact him and for sure he will be able to sort things out for ya He has been very helpful to the people here in the titus board... Motolite is semi Allmountain and semi XC... climbs like a mountain goat, and can handle rocky and technical descet... it can handle drops more than 2' with out any problem

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Hi Paul

Depending on your current collection, the Moto Lite might be your best pick. Just a bit more versatile than the RX. Nothing wrong with RX either

I'd start close to you and support a local. Craig is a good start according to your profile of New Jersey. He is knowlegable so give him a call. Just don't let him put a lefty on it.... he can be a bit of a nutter .

Mendon Cycle Smith
    1350 Pittsford-mendon Rd.
    Mendon, NY 14506
    585-624-2120
    http://www.mendoncyclesmith.com
    Cats3elton@aol.com

If that doesn't work out try Competitive Cyclist, Red Barn Bicycles, Bikerbob.com, Speedgoat.

Ti is addictive
    Mendon sounds like he'd be cool to work with, except he seems to like only half a fork. Ditto with AM's suggestion of who to work with.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

txn
    mtbr member
    If you're a small, my LBS has a smoking deal on a complete Racer X with all 07 XTR.

I don't want to post the link for fear of getting them in trouble here, but you can PM me if you want the link.
    Last edited by txn; 07-17-2007 at 09:48 PM.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the help. I like the way the Moto lite sounds but I think am pretty much set getting a Racer X because I want a pure XC bike and I'll use my Cannondale Rush for the all mountain stuff
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com