Thread: The Bladezoke!

"El Whatever"

The Bladezoke!

Folks...

I couldn't ride this weekend either, but I hit the Mexican Expo-Bici and as I got a camera, I took some pis of my Blade with Whafe's present put on.

The name was given by a friend of mine...

As I had mentioned, I love the thing after just one short ride. Stiff, adjustable, light for the travel and stiffness... and above al things, the queen of PLUSH!

I sold off already the Magura. Not a hight and day difference, but the AM1 clearly outedged the Magura in almost any respect... and as my bike needs a countless list of upgrades, I kept the best of them and the money went to pay some Hope hubs.

So, Whafe did not only gifted me a fork, but also (indirectly) a wheelset.
    BIG THANK YOU, WHAFE!!!

The AM1 is very stiff. Plush at the same time... if you want to find out a defect, it should be that it's tricky to set-up... some psi here and a few ml of oil there and it will not feel optimal. But yet, basically, you just can't make it feel like crap. It rides lower and it's more affected by pedaling input, but ETA and TST save the day. The Magura dives more and it's not as plush... but pedals better while still being very compliant to small stuff.

Here are some pics...

Geometry feels nice. Despite being a bit taller, it rides low and feels pretty nice.

This is a small shot of how an Adrenaline 2.00 fits on the Blade... is a decent fit. Not room to spare, but not insufficient.

And a future Titus fan...

Cheers!
    Check my Site

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Looking good.... the build is improving every time you post pics, at this rate it will be a bling bling ride by the end of the year

Enjoy,
    Cris

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Folks...

I couldn't ride this weekend either, but I hit the Mexican Expo-Bici and as I got a camera, I took some pis of my Blade with Whafe's present put on.

The name was given by a friend of mine...

As I had mentioned, I love the thing after just one short ride. Stiff, adjustable, light for the travel and stiffness... and above al things, the queen of PLUSH!

I sold off already the Magura. Not a hight and day difference, but the AM1 clearly outedged the Magura in almost any respect... and as my bike needs a countless list of upgrades, I kept the best of them and the money went to pay some Hope hubs.

So, Whafe did not only gifted me a fork, but also (indirectly) a wheelset.
    BIG THANK YOU, WHAFE!!!

The AM1 is very stiff. Plush at the same time... if you want to find out a defect, it should be that it's tricky to set-up... some psi here and a few ml of oil there and it will not feel optimal. But yet, basically, you just can't make it feel like crap. It rides lower and it's more affected by pedaling input, but ETA and TST save the day. The Magura dives more and it's not as plush... but pedals better while still being very compliant to small stuff.

And a future Titus fan...

Cheers!
    Warp, your more than welcome. It is an odd feeling (a great odd) seeign the AM1 on your bike and thinking how much that fork has travelled. A good story really.

I must confess, miss the AM1, still getting used to the Pike. Listened to Duly and didnt touch the travel adjust all weekend on the Pike. Am getting used to it. Will be interesting to see if Marz will make a 20mm Axle air fork............. Just love the butter smooth action of the Marz forks.

Great shot of Warp Jnr, a little cutie.

Thought the Whafe Jnr was coming on Saturday. Was out riding the ML, was 20Km from the car, the phone goes "Babe get home please, have to go to the hospital" A dam stressful ride back in 100deg F, was toast, was 4 hours into the ride. Made it back, got to hospital. FALASE ALARM. Dam !!!!

Got out on the Roadie for 3 hours on Sunday, Legs know that they have doen 8 hours work in the heat..... It still blows me away that the Tour de France guys just go and go and go.......... Well done to them....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Warp - good to see you got the youngen started on Titus Cycles already...
    Cul is a regretted trademark of the CulBaire Co'op Pty Ltd, as are his random ramblings and associated bullshit.

thats right living legend
    Warp! now you've got a real fork on that thing. I know you loved you're Magy but come on, now we'r talken!

Whafe, it's alway's a plus to adjust to not lowering your fork on climbs like duly suggests. But I also suggest that you try to get used to lowering the travel on the Pike as well. I mean if you find you just want to lower it? I have a TALAS, and have no trouble dropping it for climbs. It took some time but it became second nature very quikly, The only time I might run into trouble is on unfamiluar trails. But on any signifacnt climb, you've got plenty of time to adjust the dial.

I don't know? I would just rather have the wider range of adjustment fo climbing... tight singletrack... and you know just adjusting the handling of the bike in general.

"El Whatever"

Thanks guys!!!

Cris... thanks, bro!! It'll take some time to get her "blingy". The wheels will improve... I just checkd with my "supplier" and he can get the X455's from DT swiss... think a budget XR4.1d... same thing, just 25 bucks, 25 grams and different joint type differences. The build will be around 2 kilos flat for both wheels. Not record breaking, but it'll be sturdy and relatively light for the use.

Unfortunately, there are upgrades needed on expensive places after the wheels... brakes and drivetrain. Both of them can get in the 300 ballpark with "budget" parts. So it'll take me quite long.

The thing is a pig now at around 34 pounds... I think I can shave around 1 pound where it matters the most (wheels). But getting below the 32 pounds will get expensive for my budget. Anyway... I don't really care. Light things are cool until they break... and breaking an expensive part sucks and leaves you with the "obligation" to replace it with something equal or better. So I prefer piggy things that don't break on me.

Whafe... Listen to Duly and also to that hidden jewel Blackey just posted... U-Turn is different to ETA. Different use. ETA is the perfect climbing aid... but it's only for climbing unfortunately. U-Turn (or any other travel adjusting device) lets you tune the fork to your very precise riding conditions... it doesn't matter if you're bombing down a trail or swooshing thru twisty singletrack, you'll have the option to tune your handling to the conditions.

There is a forest strip on our usual riding area, when I missed this feature of the Maggie. It's some nice singletrack where the AM1 is a bit too tall and the Magura was able to be set anywhere in between the 90-125mm giving the right feel at the cockpit.

You'll get used to it and will love it.

So, the little one is a coming! You'll be stoked... nothing compares to it. I have something due with you.

CulBaire... I'll have my kid hooked on Titus, but this should work as motivation for the new management to keep where they are (and get better) for the future. We Titus owners all have little ones that one day may become proud Titus owners if they keep their game up.

Blackey... Yeah, this fork KILLS !!!! (But the Maggie was no slouch... it's a very underrated fork).
    Check my Site

"Its All Good"
    Warp & Blackey. You both make very good points re the travel adjust. I guess I was comparing it to the AM1, just using it for climbs.

Funny when you hear something sometimes and it all clicks and registers in my blonde head.....................

It is not for climbing, but for precise tuning to the terrain being ridden.............TODO BIEN, ALL GOOD........................................
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Warp & Blackey. You both make very good points re the travel adjust. I guess I was comparing it to the AM1, just using it for climbs.

Funny when you hear something sometimes and it all clicks and registers in my blonde head.....................

It is not for climbing, but for precise tuning to the terrain being ridden.............TODO BIEN, ALL GOOD........................................
    You'll just love it.

There's an added advantage... the ML has a sweet spot around 120-125mm travel and the Pike is not that far off and it can be tuned to be there. Also, the Pike is short for a fork its travel.
    Check my Site

Cris... thanks, bro!! It'll take some time to get her "blingy". The wheels will improve... I just checkd with my "supplier" and he can get the X455's from DT swiss... think a budget XR4.1d... same thing, just 25 bucks, 25 grams and different joint type differences. The build will be around 2 kilos flat for both wheels. Not record breaking, but it'll be sturdy and relatively light for the use.

Unfortunately, there are upgrades needed on expensive places after the wheels... brakes and drivetrain. Both of them can get in the 300 ballpark with "budget" parts. So it'll take me quite long.

The thing is a pig now at around 34 pounds... I think I can shave around 1 pound where it matters the most (wheels). But getting below the 32 pounds will get expensive for my budget. Anyway... I don't really care. Light things are cool until they break... and breaking an expensive part sucks and leaves you with the "obligation" to replace it with something equal or better. So I prefer piggy things that don't break on me.

That's a good, sensible wheel build... slowly but surely you will turn the blade into an even greater ride.... if you take your time and choose wisely it doesn't need to be that expensive (up to a point of course)

Now for God's sake, please go get it dirty!!!!

Pura vida!,
    Cris

ಠ_ಠ
    the Pike is short for a fork its travel.
    please elaborate.

axle-to-crown

Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    please elaborate.
    I think what he meant is that the PIKE has a short axle-to-crown distance for its travel...

Cheers,
    Cris

ಠ_ಠ
    Warp,

Bike is looking S W E E E E E E T!

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    Warp,

Bike is looking S W E E E E E E T!
    Thanks, Duly!!!

Yeah, the Pike is 518mm axle to crown at 140mm... equal as the AM1 at 130mm. Cris was right to what I was referring to.
    Check my Site