featherweight clydesdale

Bearing bushing rebuild - what lube

I got a rebuild kit for my rear RX suspension. My lube question is not what goes in the bearings, but what lube if any goes in the bushing at the Horst link?

Also, though less importantly than the bushing, what lube is recommended for repressing the bearings, the surface between bearing and frame. Anti-seize?

MTB aficionado
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Fattirewilly
    I got a rebuild kit for my rear RX suspension. My lube question is not what goes in the bearings, but what lube if any goes in the bushing at the Horst link?

Also, though less importantly than the bushing, what lube is recommended for repressing the bearings, the surface between bearing and frame. Anti-seize?
    I've used both Slick Honey and Rock-n-Roll super web grease on the bushings and I can't say that I've noticed a difference. They both seem to work fine.

I just replaced my main pivot and swing link bearings on my ML for the first time and I used liberal amounts of Anti-seize and the bearings pressed right in without any problem. I guess I'll see in a couple of years if this worked or not.

Regards,

EndUser
    My advice and $3 will buy you nothing more than a tunafish sandwich

Members who have read this thread: 0