I rode 'Whistler XC'

Bad quality pics of good quality trail

What a weekend!

Great ride Sunday and a mini-roadtrip on Saturday including AWESOME friends, spectacular scenery, mouth-watering food and a great bottle of wine!

Some bad quality ride pics from my solo ride Sunday in Grabouw, S.Africa. It really is time I get a decent camera I know. Just thought Iíd share these ones taken with my cellphone.

My first decent ride in over a month after being crazy at work and also sick. No riding for a month under doctorís orders.

Anyway, these pics really donít do the Lebanon Trail justice. Some of the pics I took of the gnarlier singletrack were just too bad. Had an absolute BLAST though. The Moto performed as perfect as she always does.

It would take a psychologist to explain the feelings of joy this bike makes me feel on tight, techy, flowing singletrack. Itís an emotional experience!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by MintSauce
    Anyway, these pics really donít do the Lebanon Trail justice. Some of the pics I took of the gnarlier singletrack were just too bad. Had an absolute BLAST though. The Moto performed as perfect as she always does.
    Nice, bro!!!

Glad to hear you're back on the saddle... the way it should be.

Glad to hear you're happy with your ride... Aren't Titus' just terrific?

BTW, that last pic looks like scary steep... nice run out and everything, but certainly, makes you think twice before pinting the bike down!
    Check my Site

mtbr member

Awsome Pictures, even better bike....

Love Lebanon , Have you ridden the new trail down the road (Thandi) ?
    You can join the 2 trails to form a epic ride .

Here is my last trip to Lebanon
    Attached Images Attached Images

I rode 'Whistler XC'
    Quote Originally Posted by DH_WP
    Love Lebanon , Have you ridden the new trail down the road (Thandi) ?
    You can join the 2 trails to form a epic ride .

Here is my last trip to Lebanon

Hi DH,

I did Thandi on the opening day which was literally days after they finished the trailbuilding. I am very keen to have another look. The singletrack should have setled in nicely by now after some rain and some more traffic.
    Emile from Dirtopia tells me they've been busy there recently on another 2-3km section of singletrack through the pine forest but I'm not sure if it's done yet.

As for linking Thandi and Lebanon, I've thought aboput it. Should be a blast.

We rode Groenlandberg the other day from the Grabouw side to the comms tower, which gives an awesome view of the area, including both trails. Me and my buddy were sitting there taking it in when we hatched a plan. We wanna hook up a ride from The Elgin Country Club(the original trail that made Grabouw famous....to us cyclists anyway) through the reserve, up the Groenlandberg trail, down the other side to Botriver, turn back into the valley towards Thandi(most of that area has been made available to Dirtopia since they're a member of the conservancy) shoot accross the highway to Lebanon and from there over the mountain on the other side of the highway and then link it to The Cape Epic route through the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley back to Hermanus. The trails are all there, just a matter of doing some planning.

Lets just say that, well....I HAVE A DREAM! It should be a KILLER!
    If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you