ballbuster

Asylum 29er question

Hey all,

So I understand the Asylum OCD 29er is a clone of the RacerX 29er. The question is, is it a clone, or is it a rebranded, relableled RacerX 29er? Is it really a Titus with a different label?

Are there any differences at all?

Thanks!

*edit*

Okay, I see that what Titus calls a medium is the same as Asylum's Large. Noted.

I also see that the '09 Rx29er has carbon fiber seat stays. The lighter weight is nice, but less than 100g difference (just guessing) is not that important to me.
    Last edited by pimpbot; 05-07-2009 at 03:53 PM.

Bike to the Bone...
    I think that the Asylums were a special bunch of Racer X 29 made for Speedgoat in aluminium. I think that there were some changes in the geometry, but I'm not sure.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have an Asylum. It was made by Titus for Speedgoat prior to Titus having their own 29er.

The differences I can see: Sizing is different (which you already mentioned). Also, I believe the headtube angle is 70 degrees on the Asylum (Large) vs 71.5 on the Titus. The stays are not carbon on the Titus either...they are aluminum. I think the Titus might have slightly better tire clearance than the Asylum (I don't have much room left and I have Small Block 8's). Finally my large Asylum weighs 6.2lbs....I think the Titus is slightly heavier.

Hope that helps!