Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Asylum 29er question

609 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  sperky 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

So I understand the Asylum OCD 29er is a clone of the RacerX 29er. The question is, is it a clone, or is it a rebranded, relableled RacerX 29er? Is it really a Titus with a different label?

Are there any differences at all?

Thanks!

*edit*

Okay, I see that what Titus calls a medium is the same as Asylum's Large. Noted.

I also see that the '09 Rx29er has carbon fiber seat stays. The lighter weight is nice, but less than 100g difference (just guessing) is not that important to me.

#3 ·
I have an Asylum. It was made by Titus for Speedgoat prior to Titus having their own 29er.

The differences I can see: Sizing is different (which you already mentioned). Also, I believe the headtube angle is 70 degrees on the Asylum (Large) vs 71.5 on the Titus. The stays are not carbon on the Titus either...they are aluminum. I think the Titus might have slightly better tire clearance than the Asylum (I don't have much room left and I have Small Block 8's). Finally my large Asylum weighs 6.2lbs....I think the Titus is slightly heavier.

Hope that helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.