mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Anyone try the PUSH HV Fork Treatment?

I just noticed a new service from Push - High Volume Piston Kit for Fox Float forks. I'm thinking of sending my old F130 RLC in for the treatment.
    I have been riding a Talas 140, but I think a fixed length of 130 would be just about perfect for 95% of my riding,.. and I could shave some weight... and if it made the float more plush like they say, it would be sweet.

Anyone got any experience with this?

http://www.pushindustries.com/servic...%20Air%20Forks
    what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

mtbr member
    I have the high volume air on my F100x, it is plush and efficient. Amazing.......

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    If the mod is what I'm thinking of it's actually very simple thing and technically least impressive of what they do at Push (IMO changes to damping system are fantastic).

The High Volume modification is neat trick though, it's about shortening air piston rod for about 10-15mm (or even greater amount). It can be done in the home shop and the replacement part is also available (~50$) if something goes wrong...

bog
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by markom
    If the mod is what I'm thinking of it's actually very simple thing and technically least impressive of what they do at Push (IMO changes to damping system are fantastic).

The High Volume modification is neat trick though, it's about shortening air piston rod for about 10-15mm (or even greater amount). It can be done in the home shop and the replacement part is also available (~50$) if something goes wrong...
    This is one way to do it although I think you can only do this if your fork is travel adjustable AND is set at a lower travel setting.

There is another way to do it but I won't get into it because I'm working on some retrofit kits myself.