mtbr member

Anyone run their Motolite @ 4" travel?

I was just wondering how many like to ride their Motolite at the 4 inch travel setup and what type of terrain do they ride? If you have ran it both with 5 and 4 inch travel what was the differences? Thanks.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving ~ Albert Einstein

Happy Trails
    I'm wondering the same thing... My back-up bike is a 2003 full sus with 100mm fork that has been almost all upgraded except frame... the heavy frame is multiple generations old and has some design issues... I keep wondering whether to replace the frame with a Racer X frame, or with a Motolite frame and just use my 100mm fork until I get a good deal on a 120mm or 130mm... This would be my buddy bike... my primary ride is a Titus RX29r... but I am also interested in people's insight for a general use trail bike: RX or ML set at 100?

mtbr member
    Yep I race it in 4" and it pedals more effeciently for sure.
    You need to adjust pressure on your shock down by 20%.

In all other cases I ride 5"
    Ti Steve

mtbr member
    I've been running my Motolite at 5" also for trail riding and I have a 07 RockShox Revelation U-turn on it. The Revelation is a pretty good fork and can be cranked all the way for 130mm travel and down to 100mm when running the ML at 4". I haven't ridden my new ML in the 4" mode yet but plan on doing that this weekend. I would recommend the Motolite if you want a bike for both trail/all mtn. and if you do some racing.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving ~ Albert Einstein