Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AM ML Redux

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Smile AM ML Redux

Finished my UGI for the year. Well, except for more fork mod's, which is another subject.

I managed to bring my ML down to a lean mean 31.3 pound bean. I am happy as the upgrades were a positive contribution to the performance, durability, and also reduced weight. I ended my summer at 34 pounds with coil shock and flats. After getting Candy SL pedals and a Roco Air I was down to 32.1. I like the Candy's and love the Roco. I think I might have been better just getting the eggbeaters as it's harder to engage them with the little bit of plastic around the Candy's, but they look coolio to me and that's what's most important.

Well some Gravity Carbon bars, Hadley hub, WTB Laser V saddle, Hope QR all-round, Race Face bashie brought me down to 31.3 pounds. I'm stoked at this weight and the build I have. It will be great for XC with some DH fun thrown in here, there, and everywhere.

Thanks to all who gave me great advice and options. It was helpful and I always learn from everybody's experience and knowledge. I am now ready to be a XC rider !~!
    Last edited by All Mountain; 09-20-2007 at 10:32 PM.

"Its All Good"
    AM, looking good. Nice Hub, love Hadley's. I am enjoying the same Carbon bar you have on my Nicolai. Seems strong as an Ox....

Cool to hear that you are liking the Roco Air. You may have seen from my posts, over here in Europe there are a heap of Marz rear shocks, coils and air............ And Marz forks, welll sheesh, spot the non Marz fork, sticks out like a honey mooners chopper....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    very nice AM!

the MoFoLite looks HAWT!

thats right living legend
    Looks better than ever... You'd never even know you beat the $hit out of it.

"Its All Good"
    Would love to see a demo of a ML with a CCDB on it..... Rate that shock big time, love it...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    May 2004

at least you are honest.

Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    I think I might have been better just getting the eggbeaters as it's harder to engage them with the little bit of plastic around the Candy's, but they look coolio to me and that's what's most important.
    Just remember that as you try and clip in going up hill on a rocky climb...
    "Cool looking pedals are great."
    Repeat instead of cursing!

Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Would love to see a demo of a ML with a CCDB on it..... Rate that shock big time, love it...

MBA did one.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    Just remember that as you try and clip in going up hill on a rocky climb...
    "Cool looking pedals are great."
    Repeat instead of cursing!
    I went from eggs to candy's. I find the candies easier to get into when things get a little crazy. The eggs had a tendency to roll.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Looks better than ever... You'd never even know you beat the $hit out of it.
    just flash photography under lights, down under, and glossy paint

basically I conceal the damage different to you, your fuzzy photos are quite effective but lack that je ne sais quoi

Trophy Husband
    You think it's nicer than caribou ?~?
    Impossible!
    Extreme stationary biker.

basically I conceal the damage different to you, your fuzzy photos are quite effective but lack that je ne sais quoi

True.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    AM, looking good. Nice Hub, love Hadley's. I am enjoying the same Carbon bar you have on my Nicolai. Seems strong as an Ox....

Cool to hear that you are liking the Roco Air. You may have seen from my posts, over here in Europe there are a heap of Marz rear shocks, coils and air............ And Marz forks, welll sheesh, spot the non Marz fork, sticks out like a honey mooners chopper....

Thanks Whafe. Those Gravity carbon bars are the only bars over the last few years that I have not suffered some degree of hand tingling. I thought it would be worse going from 680 to 710 wide bars. Opens your chest up climbing when forward slightly and offers great control on a 90mm stem, and forces me to keep the elbows bent more (which I like) and attack. I really dig the wider bars, they're schmecko !~!

The Laser seat is also comfy in the climbs and I knew it would be a good match in the first five minutes. Very maneuverable in XC position getting back a bit. I wondered if I would sort of slip off it (with no real whale tail on it), but no worries. The leather feels so schmecko !~!

Last edited by All Mountain; 07-02-2007 at 08:18 AM.

banned
    Man that thing looks hot especially with those Geax Sturdy's standing tall. As a matter of fact, they are the blingiest things on it.

What are you running the AM1 at these day's?

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    Impossible!
    This one beats caribou... can be ridden harder and longer, all season...
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    What are you running the AM1 at these day's?
    150 stanchion (crown to seal)

This is about 140mm useful travel with 10 left to bottom, but i think my TAS is very close to middle, perhaps a click past middle. Mine can measure 160 at full travel.

It puts me around 68 degree HA, which is nice for me. I can corner beautifully at speed and very reasonable slow (the 28" bars help out now) to medium corners, descend like geo after 'bou, and climb pretty good.

150 stanchion (crown to seal)

This is about 140mm useful travel with 10 left to bottom, but i think my TAS is very close to middle, perhaps a click past middle. Mine can measure 160 at full travel.

It puts me around 68 degree HA, which is nice for me. I can corner beautifully at speed and very reasonable slow (the 28" bars help out now) to medium corners, descend like geo after 'bou, and climb pretty good.

Mine was creeping up over 150mm as well with no ill effects in handleing before I sent it in.

I rode 'Whistler XC'
    AM....that looks HOT!

As for the xc weight....not rippin you at all, but a guy I know (who happens to have just moved to Oz) has his med ML down to 25pounds! No....really! He's actually quite a cool guy but that just makes him look like an XC geek
    If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by MintSauce
    AM....that looks HOT!

As for the xc weight....not rippin you at all, but a guy I know (who happens to have just moved to Oz) has his med ML down to 25pounds! No....really! He's actually quite a cool guy but that just makes him look like an XC geek
    25 pounds, sheesh............... Thats blingy and light, i would break mine at that weight am thinking.................

Minty, not long bro till Whistler, Yeah Ha..............

I rode 'Whistler XC'
    25 pounds, sheesh............... Thats blingy and light, i would break mine at that weight am thinking.................

Minty, not long bro till Whistler, Yeah Ha..............

17 sleeps for me
    If I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you

Veni Vidi Vici
    Well done AM ... now that set up will make your EG around 32lbs killer bike Go For it

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MintSauce
    AM....that looks HOT!

Thanks Minty.

I heard some hadley bees today

XC depends on terrain you like to ride. I prefer it rough, fast and pointing down

25 pounds seems fragile, but if your light on your feet and like the good lines, Bob's your Uncle

"Its All Good"
    I agree AM, I like to point it down and get busy in and amongst it, but a light nimble ballet dancer would be all good............

Few more sleeps for me MintSauce. Will go quick, next week am in the USA for 2 weeks, back for 5 days then to Whistler for me.... Have a El G being sorted from Competitive Cyclist to demo for the weekend in St Louis.... So all good, am the organiser...............LOL

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Hey Warp, again.

You notice that the blackness level is slowly increasing on my ML

"El Whatever"
    Hey Warp, again.

You notice that the blackness level is slowly increasing on my ML

Told ya!!!!

Black is bling to the max!
    Check my Site

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast