banned

all carbon fiber racer x ?

An all carbon fiber Titus Racer X, well...when do you think it will happen?

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankBooth
    An all carbon fiber Titus Racer X, well...when do you think it will happen?
    Well best thing to do is put it to them. Ask the question.....

Not usre how they are placed for carbon fabrication etc. But am usre they have thought about it................Let us know the outcome...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

banned
    What I want and what titus will more than likely do are two completely different things, I'm thinking that it would be the natural progression of the racer x to become an all carbon fiber model. I don't want to be the guy that goes out and buys a new racer x then next month the carbon fiber racer x comes out. I guess we will have to wait for interbike to see if they might have a teaser of things to come...

"Its All Good"
    What I want and what titus will more than likely do are two completely different things, I'm thinking that it would be the natural progression of the racer x to become an all carbon fiber model. I don't want to be the guy that goes out and buys a new racer x then next month the carbon fiber racer x comes out. I guess we will have to wait for interbike to see if they might have a teaser of things to come...
    I hear you there FrankBooth, will be interesting to see, I would haev myself although easy to say have done that instead of making ltd version with the new xtr groupo...

Be interesting to see if the barrow will be pushed to further inhance and develop the racer x into a carbon frame, or the energy will go into Ti and the ExoGrid tech
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"El Whatever"
    Agreed... as they sort out the fabrication of the carbon/Ti/Al road models and perfect the thing, the R-X will look more similar to that ones.

I think Titus has all the capabilities to make a Bi-Fusion Racer-X.

OTOH... with the carbon fiber being consumed by the aerospace industry at this rate, carbon becomes ridiculously expensive. (Boeing has to deliver a fleet of "Dreamliners" made almost entirely out of carbon fiber to China by 2008 and there's the contracts for the F-22 Raptor and JSF-35 to be delivered soon to the US, there's a huge shortage of Carbon Fiber)
    Check my Site

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp

OTOH... with the carbon fiber being consumed by the aerospace industry at this rate, carbon becomes ridiculously expensive. (Boeing has to deliver a fleet of "Dreamliners" made almost entirely out of carbon fiber to China by 2008 and there's the contracts for the F-22 Raptor and JSF-35 to be delivered soon to the US, there's a huge shortage of Carbon Fiber)
    great time to be a carbon fiber salesman!

"El Whatever"
    great time to be a carbon fiber salesman!
    I don't know... Most are already set contracts and some manufacturers are banging their heads against the wall because if they knew how big a bottleneck was the demand to create, they most surely would have not put fixed prices.

Well... at least now Specialized has an excuse to drive their prices that high (and I have one more to avoid anything Carbon Fiber ).
    Check my Site