bike weenie

80mm rear travel Racer-X question

Just curious - I've been riding my Vicious Groover 29er with the 80mm Titus rear end (RP23 shock) quite a bit lately, and the rear suspension is less plush than I would expect.

My other full susp bike is a 5 spot, so I was wondering if it's just a function of having less travel, or if the design is inherently less plush.

Thinking maybe about getting the RP23 pushed... Anyone done this, or any other thoughts?

Thanks

parts leftover
    Quote Originally Posted by RWGreen
    Just curious - I've been riding my Vicious Groover 29er with the 80mm Titus rear end (RP23 shock) quite a bit lately, and the rear suspension is less plush than I would expect.

My other full susp bike is a 5 spot, so I was wondering if it's just a function of having less travel, or if the design is inherently less plush.

Thinking maybe about getting the RP23 pushed... Anyone done this, or any other thoughts?

Thanks
    Try a high volume air sleeve from PUSH before you get it re-valved or do anything else drastic. The Titus Mac strut design does have less leverage than a Spot rocker design, so you'll generally run lower air pressure with a Titus design anyway.

Also, 3" isn't a whole lot of travel in the first place. I don't know if you'd ever get it to feel as soft as the Spot without reducing it to mush.