mtbr member

2008 RP23 on a 2001 Switchblade and other ??

I just got a new RP23 for my '01 SB and found a clearance issue when trying to fit to 3.75" mode (won't fit) and it barely clears in 4.5" mode. Is this a known issue? A search provided nothing other than others have used/are using an RP23. Fox told me "it should fit"....and of course "did you check with Titus?", which I didn't.

From what I can find searching here it should fit.
    Here
    Here

I had the original Float R/L Pushed once and never really liked it (way to much pogo w/o the lockout). Now it's "stuck down" and figured I'd go with new technology

I'm also having a tough time getting the sag set correctly on the RP23. I'm about 210 lbs with gear and have 220 psi in the shock but still getting nearly 0.6" of sag. Suggestions? be nice now......

Final ? What's the seat post diameter and has anybody every used a Gravity Dropper seat post on a SB?
    Gary

"El Whatever"
    I can answer two out of three...

Yes, it's a known issue...
    Your shock is WIDER than the old RL. So, it won't fit inside your rockers if you want to use it with the canister side at the swingarm (so you can use both modes). Or you can use the 4.5" mode, but not the 3.75".

You need to do what Fonseca and others (me included) have done... space out the rockers.

Switchblade vs Motolite

Gravity Droppers... I think you need the 3" in 275mm length. I think that you can even get one in 300mm depending on the exposed post you have now and how much clearance your frame gives you. Measure twice, buy once.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Gravity Droppers: If they don't sell one short enough you can always take it to a machine shop and have them modify it to length. I had them shorten mine, and make a bottom plate held by two little screws (kept the same big spring). Never had a problem with it.

Chris

mtbr member
    Thanks Warp. That link was very helpful. I had actually browsed it when searching but only read the subject line and thought it was for the 5.7" rockers only.

Thanks Chris. I don't have anything metric to measure the seatpost diameter so does anybody know what diameter the SP is?
    Gary

mtbr member
    May 2004
    same as the Motolite, if you can find out what that is.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris9702l
    same as the Motolite, if you can find out what that is.
    The ML is 27.2mm

But my 2004 SB is 31.6mm.

Did you just swapped seatpost from the ML??
    Which year is yours??
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I have two droppers (bought them pretty much at the same time when they first came out). I know they have the size post sizes. I have an 02 Blade and an 06 Moto and they both fit without any shims.

If I ever do sell the blade, Wayne is going to love me when I send the shortened dropper back and ask for a longer post to be installed ($$$).

Love the dropper! Just show it some love every once in awhile and the thing is bomb proof.

Chris

mtbr member
    A friend came over with a micrometer and measured the seatpost at 1.0668" or roughly 27.1 mm on a 2001 Switchblade. I'll call that close enough to 27.2 mm.

Thanks again, all.
    Gary