Thread: 150mm Motolite

FM
    luxatio erecta

New question here. 150mm Motolite

Anybody checked to see if a 7.785x2.25" shock would clear the motolite's seat tube at full compression?

Just bored and curious.

If not, I'm going to take some measurements tonight (you can take the shock off, hold the shock bolt holes 5.535" apart to check for interference)

By the way, I'm using a 7.5x2.25" shock to trick an extra 3/4" of travel out of my RFX, and it works great. But if you have any clearance problems, bad news!

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Anybody checked to see if a 7.785x2.25" shock would clear the motolite's seat tube at full compression?

Just bored and curious.

If not, I'm going to take some measurements tonight (you can take the shock off, hold the shock bolt holes 5.535" apart to check for interference)

By the way, I'm using a 7.5x2.25" shock to trick an extra 3/4" of travel out of my RFX, and it works great. But if you have any clearance problems, bad news!
    I think you'd need like half inch of clearance at full compression between the seatstay bridge and the seat tube to make up for the extra 1/4" travel at 2:1 leverage. Maybe a bit less for the geometry, arc, etc.

Anyway... good luck!

I'm about to make a similar experiment with the 5" rockers of the Switchblade. The shaft of my Float looks a bit longer than 2"... I have not bottomed the thing, so I rather find out if the thing has any interference and how farther I can go.
    Check my Site

FM
    luxatio erecta
    I just took some measurements and it looks like a no go. The shock mounting holes are nearly 6" apart at full compression; so the stock 7.785x2.0 is already a tight fit.

This is the price we pay for having that brace between the seatstays, which helps make the motolite so stiff.

thats right living legend

Dude?

Quote Originally Posted by FM
    I just took some measurements and it looks like a no go. The shock mounting holes are nearly 6" apart at full compression; so the stock 7.785x2.0 is already a tight fit.

This is the price we pay for having that brace between the seatstays, which helps make the motolite so stiff.

You don't remember I tryed this waaay back. You had some great advice, but it "was" (a no go) .

Sorry I may have forgotten to post the results... My bad!