mtbr member
    Jul 2007

150mm Fork on ML-1?

if you have this set-up, how much does it affect climbing compared to a 130mm fork? TIA.....
    Last edited by skeered1; 06-22-2009 at 09:42 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I have a Talus 100/120/140 fork on my ML. I run it in 120 mode most of the time because it handles better, turns etc. I run it in 140 mode for downhill stuff but it is very light in the front while climbing in 140 and doesn't handle as well. I only use the 100 for extended climbs.

I think 150 would feel way too tall and would not handle well on a ML.
    Chet

"El Whatever"
    Depends on which 150mm fork... a Pike at 140 sits lower than a Marzocchi AM1 at 140.

At any rate, a 150mm fork on the ML voids its warranty, but if it that is not of importance, the climbing suffers a lot.

Descending it's another tale, but on my Switchblade, the front end actually feels better with the 140mm fork, than 145mm... it unweighs the front end too much.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    ...most of the users here spec'ed their ML w/ the Fox Talas RLC 110-140 adj. travel. I'm gonna go w/ a 130mm. I was just guna use my Marzocchi from the current ride, an '06 reign which is just too much bike for my skills. The CC deal for the ML-1 was just irresistible at $599 - 'got me a small frame......tnx, fellas

ggg
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chet3
    I have a Talus 100/120/140 fork on my ML. I run it in 120 mode most of the time because it handles better, turns etc. I run it in 140 mode for downhill stuff but it is very light in the front while climbing in 140 and doesn't handle as well. I only use the 100 for extended climbs.

I think 150 would feel way too tall and would not handle well on a ML.
    Ditto I run the same Talas fork and agree completely with all the comments above.
    150mm will chopper it out and make it only useful on descents.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Depends on which 150mm fork... a Pike at 140 sits lower than a Marzocchi AM1 at 140.

At any rate, a 150mm fork on the ML voids its warranty, but if it that is not of importance, the climbing suffers a lot.

Descending it's another tale, but on my Switchblade, the front end actually feels better with the 140mm fork, than 145mm... it unweighs the front end too much.
    I was able to ask this same question a few months ago. Warranty is also a concerned for me but a few PM's on some TITUS Guys here in the forum gave me peace of mind.
    Using a 150mm (i.e. TALAS 150mm) on a ML will not void its warranty. I asked this same question because my plan is to use the same fork on an ML. I also pointed out that the reason I'm using this fork is to get the 130mm (150-130-110) feature which is I believe the right fork length for ML's and I plan to ride it at that length/setting all the time.
    For long descends the 150mm will come in handy as well as the 110mm for long climbs.

mtbr member
    Hi SkeeRed1! I hope my inputs above helped you on the 150mm on the ML.

Thanks!