mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm '06 Supermoto much more slack HA

According to Titus the '05 SM has a head angle of 67.5* with a 7" fork, and a seat angle of 69.5*.

The '06 has a HA of 67* with a 6" fork, and a SA of 68*

According to these numbers, the '06 is a much slacker, more DH oriented bike, even with an inch less travel up front.

It would follow, then, that swapping the (nearly) 7" 66SL (which is 10mm longer A-C than the 36Van used by Titus to caluclate these #'s) will slacken the HA even further, to perhaps 66.5*.

So, with the same fork, the HA of the '06 SM is 1 full degree "slacker" than the '05 with the same fork. The seat angle is about 2 full degrees more slack.

Does anyone see any fault in this thinking / these numbers? Have I missed anything here?
    After riding my medium '05 SM for 9 months now, it's clear that I need a large. I like the 3 lb savings of the '06, but I LOVE the geometry of my '05 - perfect for what I do. I fear that to slacken the HA will negetively affect the "trail performance" of the bike.

Observation : By making the "new" SM more of a slack DH ride, Titus has "created a gap" between the ML and SM, effectively "making room" for their upcoming 6" travel bike! I'll bet its geometry will be nicely balanced between the two, perhaps close to the '05 & earlier SM.
    Last edited by Rollin'in'Zona; 07-29-2006 at 08:38 PM.

thats right living legend
    Yeah, but I oh so love the 05 with it'sincredble virsatility. I'm with you on that.

Can't waite for the Guapo, but something might be missing without the older SM?

mtbr member

Guapo, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Yeah, but I oh so love the 05 with it'sincredble virsatility. I'm with you on that.

Can't waite for the Guapo, but something might be missing without the older SM?
    So that's what the 6er is called - Guapo? Handsom? Sounds like a Ventana name, but sure, okay, whatever. I was thinking it would be somthing like "Middle-moto" or "AM-moto"... Well now I know what to search for anyway. Guapo...???

I really hope to demo an '06 SM soon. I'll be 2 hours away from the Snowmass demo day on August 9, but there's a race there that weekend, and I'm not racing, so I'd rather avoid the crowds. And I'm not sure how to "reserve" a bike for demo.

thats right living legend
    Acutally EL-Guapo... Think 3 Amigo's