mtbr member
    Jun 2007

01 Switchblade Shock Rocker

Does anyone have a set of rockers for an 01 Switchblade that they'd be willing to part with? Either standard travel or long travel. I''ve been having a hard time tracking one down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Hey caffeinated, welcome to mtbr

Hopefully someone will have some knowledge and can hook you up with one, or some other bright idea !~!

Do It Yourself
    I know there are quite a few of these frames that have been put to pasture due to headtube cracks so there should be rockers available. My LBS (Frank's Cyclery) has at least two SB frames but they were both 03 TALAS models and won't work with your 01 frame. I would just start calling dealers. Start locally and work outward.
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member
    May 2006

Titus still has standard rockers...

A riding buddy just purchased a set of the standard rockers (3.75" or 4.5") from Titus through our local dealer - he finally upgraded his old Switchblade to a RP23 and has been lovin' it!

Have your local dealer give Titus a call. It's always best to start at the source...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for the welcome and the helpful advice. I did initially call Titus and was told that all spare parts for the Switchblade had been exhausted.

Anyways, I am no longer in need of the part

Thanks again!

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated
    Anyways, I am no longer in need of the part
    Come on, bro!!
    Spill the beans... What's replacing the SB?
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Me too

I too just found a crack in my long travel rocker. Mine is an 01 or 02 not sure. Did you have any luck finding a set? I would hate to have to retire this frame it has, and does serve me well.

Rob

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Broke Titus...

I broke the left side rocker for the second time. 1st one was replaced by the old Titus, no questions asked. The second time was 2 months ago, sol. No parts available. What made the situation even worse was that I spoke to two or three individuals who treated me very poorly; arrogant, unsypathetic and unimaginative are the words I would use to describe these people. The crazy thing is that they didn't think of me and treat me like a guy who woul be in the market to buy another high end bike! The free market rules! I will take my next bike purchase to someone who gives a rats asss about the customer. I hear Chumba,Turner, Intense and Foes treat their customers with respect so I'll start with these guys first.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Thanks

I have only popped on here a couple of times a year lately. I seem to remember hearing the same thing awhile back. I too would be very hesitant to purchase another Titus. I must admit though the Switchblade was a very faithful steed for the last 5 years. Good luck in the future.

Rob

LDH
    mtbr member
    I just bought a 2006 fox float r on ebay for use on my ride and it came with a like new set of long travel rockers . I can set up another listing for the rockers as I have no use for them.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWN:IT&ih=020

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Allready have those

I have a set of those style rockers that I got from Titus a while ago to use with a 5th Element Air. You could not adjust the air setting with the shock mounted on my Blade. I tried them with the fox shock that came on the bike. It mounts the shock about 8 mm closer to the tire and bottoms out on the tire. Also with the Fox the air stem does not line up. I think I am just going to buy a new frame.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBones?
    I have a set of those style rockers that I got from Titus a while ago to use with a 5th Element Air. You could not adjust the air setting with the shock mounted on my Blade. I tried them with the fox shock that came on the bike. It mounts the shock about 8 mm closer to the tire and bottoms out on the tire. Also with the Fox the air stem does not line up. I think I am just going to buy a new frame.
    What year is your frame??
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

I am old

I am not really sure, either a 2000 or a 2001. Wanna buy it? LOL

Slow and steady
    Jan 2004
    My 2002 long travel rocker is cracked. I emailed Titus and received no response. Thanks a lot, new owners. Basically, they turned me from a Titus loyalist to a Titus hater in one easy non-response. Guess the trick is to sell your $2000 frame after 2 or 3 years so some other putz gets stuck with an unusable 6lb block of annodized aluminum.
    It's a 6" 29er, 69 HTA, 29" standover, setup for 31.6 Joplin, 83mm BB, blah blah blah. A bike for being stupid. --Walt Wehner

Tonight we ride.
    I cracked mine too, but fortunately had a spare. My only one. Had one replaced free through Titus many years ago as well.

I've been toying around with a rocker design that would give an actual 4.5" inches travel with a 2" stroke shock, with a rate similar to the Super-Moto in 4.5" air mode, and even bought steel plate to build for a prototype, but have yet to cut them out. I think 4.5" would be nice for pure XC, mated with a 4" fork. I have my SM for when more is needed. But it would ride so much nicer than the short travel rockers in 4.5" mode with a 1.5" stroke shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    I emailed Titus and received no response.
    Don't feel bad. I sent them three emails over the course of a month and didn't get an answer to some very simple questions. I guess I'll have to drive an hour to my nearest Titus dealer--who has already made it clear that they don't want to help me since I didn't buy through them--and beg them to call and ask Titus for me while I'm standing there? I really have enjoyed my two Titus frames, and my brother loves his MLII, but the dramatic change in customer relations is cause for second thoughts about getting a custom ti 29er from them.

And I don't buy the "old frame" arguement. Because I have several bikes, my SB probably has less miles on it after six years than many here put on their bikes in a single season. Heck, it still looks like new. When I purchase my next frame I'm going to make sure that essential parts will be available years down the road. Keeping a small supply of such parts seems like common sense to ensure customer satisfaction and, ultimately, repeat business.
    Last edited by fonseca; 09-30-2007 at 02:12 PM.