Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007

$999 for v3 El Gaupo

I just got an e-mail from Planet-x about a frame deal for this weekend only. El Gaupo's V3 for $999.99 with a shock. I tried to order one, but when you check out it wants to charge you $1199. (see post #3) I left a phone message at Portland, but i hope the deal goes thru after this weekend. Check it out.
    Last edited by doralswheels; 07-23-2012 at 02:35 PM.

mtbr member
    I went ahead and ordered mine. Medium in white, figure they can sort the 200$ back to me later for a deal like that.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by doralswheels View Post
    I just got an e-mail from Planet-x about a frame deal for this weekend only. El Gaupo's V3 for $999.99 with a shock. I tried to order one, but when you check out it wants to charge you $1199. I left a phone message at Portland, but i hope the deal goes thru after this weekend. Check it out.
    Michael just e-mailed me and the problem is fixed. $999. Well, thats number 7 Titus bike that i will have. Can't wait to ride a little more travel.

mtbr member
    Going to be kind of odd having two EG's in the garage but I figure that way I'll always be on the right bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    Going to be kind of odd having two EG's in the garage but I figure that way I'll always be on the right bike
    What model is your other Titus?

mtbr member
    Michael just e-mailed me and the problem is fixed. $999. Well, thats number 7 Titus bike that i will have. Can't wait to ride a little more travel.
    Oh - I just replied to you too.

mtbr member
    What model is your other Titus?
    2010 El Guapo

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    2010 El Guapo
    WOW. You are almost as bad as me. 4 of my titus bikes are motolites, 2 ti frames, one of which is converted to 27.5 wheels, and 2 more, that are just different colors, 1 blue & 1 silver. I also have 1 ftm carbon and 1 racer x. Once my large super raw El Gaupo gets here, i want to see if it is posible to polish it up. This bike will make a total of 23 bikes in my garage.

mtbr member
    From what I understand the super raw is actually anodizing over the aluminum.

I actually have a 2010 FTM hanging in the garage too. Was the wifes but I rode it once. Also had a 2009 FTM that I mis at times but I love my EG. Just raced in Davis WV today with it and I couldn't have asked for a better bike for that place.

The plan with the new one is to make a big hit version of what I already have. I've really wanted to do more serious drops and what not (snow shoe WV) but I didn't want to kill my wheels or do any permanent damge to the rear shock on my only bike.

I've already ordered a fork (2011 totem) and the rest of the parts for what I didn't already have. I figure she might end up a bit porky but the BB clearance and fun factor should be awesome.

mtbr member
    The plan with the new one is to make a big hit version of what I already have.
    I've already ordered a fork (2011 totem)...

Oooo! I can't wait to see that one. I have been considering building something similar.

mtbr member
    From what I understand the super raw is actually anodizing over the aluminum.
    Correct

mtbr member
    Terrible...not trying to rain on your parade but a Totem is ALOT of fork for an EG. 20mm over the recommended travel. Not saying it cant handle it, I've seen it done but it really choppers out the bike. I run a 180mm Totem coil on my 170mm rear travel Delirium, its a great fork. IMO, a 170mm Lyric might be a better choice.

mtbr member
    170 lyric was 200$ more than the totem. It's the u turn version so atleast I can drop it down if I want. If nothing else ill sell it and buy a float 160. If you have any links to a cheap lyric post em up.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    You'll be the first guy on here w/ MK3 who has the 2010?

Agree that Totem gonna be a party in the front

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    IMO, a 170mm Lyric might be a better choice.

I'm also thinking about to buy an EG V3 and fit it with a 170mm Bos Deville (555mm a/c). Do you think that will work? I'm a little bit concerned about the seat angle because I'll need a headset with external cups which will add some additional height.

Currently I own an Alutech Fanes which is designed for 557mm a/c forks and has a 49/56mm headtube which means you can have tapered steerer tubes with zerostack cups. This and a steep Seat angle of 74deg lets you pedal quite well.

So, regarding the EG I'm not really sure if a 170mm fork with external cups suits well....

mtbr member
    Doesn't Craig have both a 1st and 3rd gen guapo ?

Hope all the stuff gets here soon enough to get a couple weekends on it at snow shoe. I've always wanted to ride there and hope the weather holds out. I noticed that the titus website said if you order this weekend theyll get it out this week. Of course west Virginia is about as far from them as you can get

mtbr member
    No I had a 2010 and now a 2011 or V2.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Let us know how snow shoe goes.. sweet

hmm stinky totem'd out & with the 09' ss.........just sayin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by osti View Post
    I'm also thinking about to buy an EG V3 and fit it with a 170mm Bos Deville (555mm a/c). Do you think that will work? I'm a little bit concerned about the seat angle because I'll need a headset with external cups which will add some additional height.

Currently I own an Alutech Fanes which is designed for 557mm a/c forks and has a 49/56mm headtube which means you can have tapered steerer tubes with zerostack cups. This and a steep Seat angle of 74deg lets you pedal quite well.

So, regarding the EG I'm not really sure if a 170mm fork with external cups suits well....
    The extra 10mm on the top tube on the V3 will help you out if you fit an inline post and move the saddle forward - this will steepen the seat angle for you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    The extra 10mm on the top tube on the V3 will help you out if you fit an inline post and move the saddle forward - this will steepen the seat angle for you.
    Thanks brant. I assume you mean a straight seat post without setback? Sorry, I'm not a native english speaker

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by osti View Post
    Thanks brant. I assume you mean a straight seat post without setback? Sorry, I'm not a native english speaker
    Yes, that's right.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Well, i got an e-mail today from michael and they are out of stock on the large super raw V3 frames. I think i will wait for the EG 29er and then pull the triger. Hope your orders work out ok.

mtbr member
    My email said the only medium white is coming to me. Now I hope friday gets here quick!

mtbr member
    She made it to Ohio, only one state away and I can't stand it!!!!!!

mtbr member
    earlier than expected I got my frame today

built quality looks really good. The super raw seems to be raw brushed alu and has a very even surface. Even though the CCDB Air is a little bit on the bulky side the frame with shock wheighs only 3290gr which is 7,25lbs. I am very pleased with the wheight because often the information from the manufacturers are lower than the actual wheight.

I have two other spare shocks (RP23 and Monarch+) from my other bike which also have identical mounting measures so I can easily switch the shocks and try different setups.

also the bearings look like standard parts which could be replaced easily.

I hope that the headset will arrive tomorrow so I can start building it up

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast