Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 46 of 46
  1. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    I'll meet you at the main OP parking lot at 9am, might have another rider with me. Will be in a Honda Element with Hawaii plates.
    I will be there! White nissan frontier

  2. #27
    Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Reputation: In-Yo-Grill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    I'll be there in my red Chevy 2500.
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

  3. #28
    Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Reputation: In-Yo-Grill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Great ride today...

    We need to get back out again soon. Utsamtbr's girlfriend proved to be too bid and obstacle and he had to cut his ride short...lol not to mention 40Acres almost hacked up a lung. No worries though, we still got about 12-13 miles of good trails in.

    Paul, it was good to meet you and your buddy John. I don't know what everyone's schedule is this week but I'm off so weather permitting I say we do it again.
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

  4. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    Haha sorry I just bailed out. I didn't realize y'all weren't behind me. I had a good time, ill be around this week to ride. I really want to make it to rpr next weekend.

  5. #30
    Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Reputation: In-Yo-Grill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by utsamtber View Post
    Haha sorry I just bailed out. I didn't realize y'all weren't behind me. I had a good time, ill be around this week to ride. I really want to make it to rpr next weekend.
    It's all good bro. What is "rpr"

    When are you gonna be back in town?
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

  6. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    Reveille peak ranch! 62 miles of trails. A dedicated super d course. Flow track. Pump track. And a maybe already finished .6 mile downhill run/skills park

  7. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by utsamtber View Post
    Reveille peak ranch! 62 miles of trails. A dedicated super d course. Flow track. Pump track. And a maybe already finished .6 mile downhill run/skills park
    only 3 hours from me!!! I will have to check it out some time

  8. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    as long a the weather holds up, I'll be out there this weekend. Most likely sunday.

  9. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    anyone riding today?

  10. #35
    Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Reputation: In-Yo-Grill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    I guess the cold is here to stay...

    I may try to hit the trails tomorrow.
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

  11. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    I guess the cold is here to stay...

    I may try to hit the trails tomorrow.
    ill be at op around 130. I want to ride till 330 ish. Mainly an AM ride rather than XC

  12. #37
    SLR
    SLR is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    37
    I've got the in-laws and son in town…might hit up OP on Wed or next weekend for sure! This weather sucks

  13. #38
    Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Reputation: In-Yo-Grill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    I've got the in-laws and son in town…might hit up OP on Wed or next weekend for sure! This weather sucks
    Digging out the cold weather gear. I hope the rain doesn't soggy the trails up too much.
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

  14. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    trails were perfect today.

  15. #40
    Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Reputation: In-Yo-Grill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by utsamtber View Post
    trails were perfect today.
    Man that's awesome. I think I will get my wife and son out there tomorrow.

    You gonna be out there?
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

  16. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    Man that's awesome. I think I will get my wife and son out there tomorrow.

    You gonna be out there?
    Yes sir! Ill be out there for a good part of the day. Probably start around 130

  17. #42
    Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Reputation: In-Yo-Grill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    I made it out there for a pavement ride. Gonna keep trying to hit the trails before the end of the week but work is starting to press.
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

  18. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14
    So I got a little OCD and looked up the property lines on BCAD the other day. Basically everything north of the Old Babcock road and west of the asphalt path before the big bridge is privately owned by Last Chance Forever INC. They are an Audubon conservation group. I was hoping some fanatic bird people were trying to keep bikers out of the trails, but it have to face the music. That property is truly private. Why they didnt mark all the entrances/exits as private I dont know. Maybe they dont know all the entry ways through.

    Now I am bummed and want to ride.

  19. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    Atleast it was a small portion of trails.

  20. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    141
    Unfortunately, with the development of the walk/bike path that area has seen a huge increase in pedestrian traffic in addition to cyclists. Now it is not just the mountain bikers who knew how to find it but every jogger, stroller pusher and weekend rider on a Wal-Mart bike that are making their way back there. That opens up the owner of the Birds of Prey area to a huge liability if someone were to get hurt on the property and since we live is a litigation happy society, it only makes sense that they ban access.

  21. #46
    Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Reputation: In-Yo-Grill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by js1221 View Post
    Unfortunately, with the development of the walk/bike path that area has seen a huge increase in pedestrian traffic in addition to cyclists. Now it is not just the mountain bikers who knew how to find it but every jogger, stroller pusher and weekend rider on a Wal-Mart bike that are making their way back there. That opens up the owner of the Birds of Prey area to a huge liability if someone were to get hurt on the property and since we live is a litigation happy society, it only makes sense that they ban access.
    I've been riding back there for almost two years and have never run into a hiker, jogger or stroller. I understand it's private property and hope that in the future they will chose to see bikers as friends and not foe. Statistically bikers have the least amount of impact on the environment. We don't leave trash behind, understanding that accidents happen, and we don't tear up nature.

    In fact on many rides my buddies and I come back with more trash that we left with. Not to mention every year there is a MTB group that asks for volunteers to help do trash pick up.
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •