• 12-23-2012
    utsamtber
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    I'll meet you at the main OP parking lot at 9am, might have another rider with me. Will be in a Honda Element with Hawaii plates.

I will be there! White nissan frontier
  • 12-23-2012
    In-Yo-Grill
    I'll be there in my red Chevy 2500.
  • 12-24-2012
    In-Yo-Grill
    Great ride today...

We need to get back out again soon. Utsamtbr's girlfriend proved to be too bid and obstacle and he had to cut his ride short...lol not to mention 40Acres almost hacked up a lung. No worries though, we still got about 12-13 miles of good trails in.

Paul, it was good to meet you and your buddy John. I don't know what everyone's schedule is this week but I'm off so weather permitting I say we do it again.
  • 12-24-2012
    utsamtber
    Haha sorry I just bailed out. I didn't realize y'all weren't behind me. I had a good time, ill be around this week to ride. I really want to make it to rpr next weekend.
  • 12-24-2012
    In-Yo-Grill
    Quote:

Originally Posted by utsamtber View Post
    Haha sorry I just bailed out. I didn't realize y'all weren't behind me. I had a good time, ill be around this week to ride. I really want to make it to rpr next weekend.

It's all good bro. What is "rpr"

When are you gonna be back in town?
  • 12-24-2012
    utsamtber
    Reveille peak ranch! 62 miles of trails. A dedicated super d course. Flow track. Pump track. And a maybe already finished .6 mile downhill run/skills park
  • 12-25-2012
    2000Z3M
    Quote:

Reveille peak ranch! 62 miles of trails. A dedicated super d course. Flow track. Pump track. And a maybe already finished .6 mile downhill run/skills park

only 3 hours from me!!! I will have to check it out some time :thumbsup:
  • 12-26-2012
    utsamtber
    as long a the weather holds up, I'll be out there this weekend. Most likely sunday.
  • 12-29-2012
    utsamtber
    anyone riding today?
  • 12-29-2012
    In-Yo-Grill
    I guess the cold is here to stay...

I may try to hit the trails tomorrow.
  • 12-29-2012
    utsamtber
    Quote:

Originally Posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    I guess the cold is here to stay...

I may try to hit the trails tomorrow.

ill be at op around 130. I want to ride till 330 ish. Mainly an AM ride rather than XC
  • 12-30-2012
    SLR
    I've got the in-laws and son in town…might hit up OP on Wed or next weekend for sure! This weather sucks:madman:
  • 01-01-2013
    In-Yo-Grill
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    I've got the in-laws and son in town…might hit up OP on Wed or next weekend for sure! This weather sucks:madman:

Digging out the cold weather gear. I hope the rain doesn't soggy the trails up too much.
  • 01-01-2013
    utsamtber
    trails were perfect today.
  • 01-01-2013
    In-Yo-Grill
    Quote:

trails were perfect today.

Man that's awesome. I think I will get my wife and son out there tomorrow.

You gonna be out there?
  • 01-02-2013
    utsamtber
    Quote:

Originally Posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    Man that's awesome. I think I will get my wife and son out there tomorrow.

You gonna be out there?

Yes sir! Ill be out there for a good part of the day. Probably start around 130
  • 01-02-2013
    In-Yo-Grill
    I made it out there for a pavement ride. Gonna keep trying to hit the trails before the end of the week but work is starting to press.
  • 01-06-2013
    macross87
    So I got a little OCD and looked up the property lines on BCAD the other day. Basically everything north of the Old Babcock road and west of the asphalt path before the big bridge is privately owned by Last Chance Forever INC. They are an Audubon conservation group. I was hoping some fanatic bird people were trying to keep bikers out of the trails, but it have to face the music. That property is truly private. Why they didnt mark all the entrances/exits as private I dont know. Maybe they dont know all the entry ways through.

Now I am bummed and want to ride.
  • 01-08-2013
    utsamtber
    Atleast it was a small portion of trails.
  • 01-09-2013
    js1221
    Unfortunately, with the development of the walk/bike path that area has seen a huge increase in pedestrian traffic in addition to cyclists. Now it is not just the mountain bikers who knew how to find it but every jogger, stroller pusher and weekend rider on a Wal-Mart bike that are making their way back there. That opens up the owner of the Birds of Prey area to a huge liability if someone were to get hurt on the property and since we live is a litigation happy society, it only makes sense that they ban access.
  • 01-11-2013
    In-Yo-Grill
    Quote:

Originally Posted by js1221 View Post
    Unfortunately, with the development of the walk/bike path that area has seen a huge increase in pedestrian traffic in addition to cyclists. Now it is not just the mountain bikers who knew how to find it but every jogger, stroller pusher and weekend rider on a Wal-Mart bike that are making their way back there. That opens up the owner of the Birds of Prey area to a huge liability if someone were to get hurt on the property and since we live is a litigation happy society, it only makes sense that they ban access.

I've been riding back there for almost two years and have never run into a hiker, jogger or stroller. I understand it's private property and hope that in the future they will chose to see bikers as friends and not foe. Statistically bikers have the least amount of impact on the environment. We don't leave trash behind, understanding that accidents happen, and we don't tear up nature.

In fact on many rides my buddies and I come back with more trash that we left with. Not to mention every year there is a MTB group that asks for volunteers to help do trash pick up.