BBW
    mtbr member

... and if we just ... Visiting austin! Who could show me Barton Creek or city park?

If you are up for a Sunday ride anytime or Monday morning please shoot me a pm!!
    I'm a good rider although haven't been much on the bike since the OC 3 weeks ago
    Thanks guys!
    Braham

PS: a night ride could work also; I brought lights
    BBW. MS, RD

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    BBW: another option if you are not set on riding only The Green Belt or City Park is to hit Walnut Creek at 9:30am Sun morning and ride with the Austin Ridge Riders. Usually 15-30 folks show up for the weekly ride and we break into Expert, Intermediate, and Beginner groups so you can be challenged + meet some local riders for future reference. Walnut is not as technical as BCGB or CP, but it's a good ride with a bunch of great folks.

If you show up look for the Narcissist Orange Tallboy - that would be me.

If you haven't posted on the Austin Voodoo forum on Bike Mojo yet you might try that also for a hook up.

BBW
    mtbr member
    Thanks for the invite YooperTX!! I like techy stuff so I think I'm going to take my chances at one of those; if I get lost that means more riding
    I registered at bike mojo but I can't post yet
    Cheers and have fun!
    BBW. MS, RD

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

7:45 - Jedi

I'm heading out to ride BCGB in the morning, probably around 7:45. I'm may meet my wife and kid for a swim/picnic so I may have to bail out near the end of the ride but I can point you back to the road easily enough.

I leave from the Travis country entrances b/c that's where I live. I can show you around some of the more off-beat technical stuff. I'll probably be heading out from the Copperwood entrance

Copperwood Dr, Austin, Travis, Texas 78735 - Google Maps

I'm going to bed now, did a night ride last night that didn't end till 4am so I feel like I've been hit by a truck. If you want to ride, just pm me (I'm assuming I'll get a notice from the forum) or just meet up at 7:45. I'll be riding a chrome Giant Anthem X29 and I wear goofy-ass Oakley Jawbones that change color in the sun.
    Last edited by baconismidog; 04-28-2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: bad link
    =====
    bacon (is my dog)
    http://www.sbtec.com

BBW
    mtbr member
    Hey bacon I didn't see this in time... Definitely was
    Not going to wake up at 6 am to see if anyone had
    Post LOL
    Went to BCGB and parked at Barton Creek? Went left and found the jumps; got lost a few times and then went left but never reached the hill of life or anything too crazy but it was fun
    Is anyone riding Monday morning????
    I could do BCGB again or city park (I did it about 3 years ago)
    Hit me if any of you guys can
    Cheers and thanks
    BBW. MS, RD

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BBW View Post
    Hey bacon I didn't see this in time... Definitely was
    Not going to wake up at 6 am to see if anyone had
    Post LOL
    Went to BCGB and parked at Barton Creek? Went left and found the jumps; got lost a few times and then went left but never reached the hill of life or anything too crazy but it was fun
    Is anyone riding Monday morning????
    I could do BCGB again or city park (I did it about 3 years ago)
    Hit me if any of you guys can
    Cheers and thanks
    That's cool man. You missed out on a good ride though, kept up a good clip over some sweet rockcrawling stuff. Maybe next time.
    =====
    bacon (is my dog)
    http://www.sbtec.com

mtbr member
    I wish I had seen this Saturday. I was looking for a reason to get down to CP or BCGB Sunday morning. As Yooper said, you might want to try posting on Mojo next time. There is much more local traffic and ride calls over there.

BBW
    mtbr member
    Thanks; yes my Mojo account got activated on Monday LOL; should have planed in advance.
    Did CP Monday morning; what a blast!!! Many places to catch air and awesome climbs
    Thanks guys
    BBW. MS, RD