mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Try an early morning ride !

Now that's it's warmin up here in our fair state I decided to get my self on the trail earlier than usual.

I was on the trail and rollin at 6:45am.

Man let me tell you, that was a great time ! Especially when I took my sunglasses off so I could see

It was Soooo much cooler, I didn't feel zapped at the end of the ride.

Also there was less trail traffic and a lot more wildlife.

Plus I still have a lot of day left to take care of other stuff I need to do.

Anyway give it a try some time and see how you like it
    Last edited by Ted_R; 06-09-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    I'd rather be riding than healing, body armor is your friend !

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Where did u ride?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by john#21 View Post
    Where did u ride?

Oh Yeah ! Maybe I should mention that.

I rode at Leon Creek, I have another post here in the Texas forum that has pics of the trails there.

Here is the link Leon Creek in Pics

mtbr member
    Yep, i have started riding mornings too. Nature of livin in Texas....the only down side and the reason i weenied out this AM is that when you go early and you are first on the trail, you face plant every spider web.

I'm ok, til one is dancin on my glasses right in front of my eye and looks huge, or i feel them crawling down the back of my neck and trying to go down my shirt.

I hafta keep reminding myself there are only two poisonous spiders here, neither of which live in tree webs....but it still creeps me out and i gotta pull over, de-web, and de-spider

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryp View Post
    you face plant every spider web.

This is so funny because that's is exactly what happened to me today !

No spiders, but more than a few webs.

I kept thinking why so many webs today ?

It's because I was first on the trail, duh !

You'd think having been to college I could figure that out.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    We rode JJ at gov. Canyon today at around 9ish.

cdouble
    Jul 2007
    Morning rides rock. I try to get out 1-2 morning rides a week, clipped in and spinning by 6am. Sometimes hard to get out of bed that early, but once youre out there it is sooo sweet. And then at work i look at the poor suckers and chuckle inside because theyre just trying to grind out another day, meanwhile im high on life no matter what they throw at me!

cdouble
    mo7s.blogspot.com
    cdouble

http://mo7s.blogspot.com

"It never gets easier, you just go faster"
    Greg LeMond

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    We rode JJ at gov. Canyon today at around 9ish.
    I used to ride at Government Canyon a lot, I like Joe Johnson, especially on the way back because it's mostly down hill !

mtbr member
    May 2012
    It was nice, we were there for 3 hours and only saw 5 other riders and a handful of hikers.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    It was nice, we were there for 3 hours and only saw 5 other riders and a handful of hikers.
    you probably ran into myself and those other 4 people. GC is a great ride. So techy and fun to figure out.

mtbr member
    I did a couple of early ones out at Rocky Hill last year. It was very enjoyable. probably going to do some more web clearing rides this summer.

mtbr member
    Spiders freak me out like nobody's business. I would most likely start panicking and crash I just got my new MTB and I am looking forward to many early AM rides. Especially Leon Creek. I love that place.

Quote Originally Posted by kerryp View Post
    Yep, i have started riding mornings too. Nature of livin in Texas....the only down side and the reason i weenied out this AM is that when you go early and you are first on the trail, you face plant every spider web.

I'm ok, til one is dancin on my glasses right in front of my eye and looks huge, or i feel them crawling down the back of my neck and trying to go down my shirt.

I hafta keep reminding myself there are only two poisonous spiders here, neither of which live in tree webs....but it still creeps me out and i gotta pull over, de-web, and de-spider

meh
    would rather ride after 9am and sweat or do a night ride, than get up that early...you guys can have the morning trails, thanks for clearing all the webs

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I rode at 9am today, still early enough for it to be relatively cool compared to the late afternoon.

mtbr member
    rode at 9 today and it was pretty nice out, especially since it was cloudy. not cool, but not blazing. about the earliest i can get. exercising early in the morning makes me feel sick the rest of the morning. i wish i could do it, but i feel terrible