Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000Z3M View Post
    thank you for the pic, thats nothing at all. Look for the nut rocking an ellsworth wearing a POC lid, that would be me.

Chris
    I remember seeing you on Evil Worm where I was course marshaling.

Glad everyone survived. Worm was SLICK that first time out. Crazy carnage to watch, even better to see people clean that regardless of the slickness.

And now....XC season in 2 weeks!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000Z3M View Post
    I just got home and wow, there was a lot of climbing, my GPS said right around a 1/2 mile. I did a 36 mile race out here, in san angelo, in less time than it took at comfort. I am not happy at all with my time. But I did have fun, got to ride new trails and meet some cool people. Next years goal, 45 min off my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBRsteve View Post
    Yeah that was a lot of climbing. Garmin told me 2,2xx for the 1/2 marathon. It was my first time riding out there and one thing I can tell you for certain... an Orbea Alma is NOT the right bike for that trail. More pedal strikes than I have ever had before. Plus 80mm fork is no where near enough travel.

I'm going back... but hopefully on a Rocky Mountain Element. Just need to convince the wifey I need a new bike.
    You guys need to make the trip to El Paso for the puzzler... comfort felt like a long xc race after the 50 miler in the Franklins the weekend before! Good course and fun times... after the chaos of the start cleared out!

Big Damn Hero
    I'd love to get out there for the race, but the distance kills me... El Paso is actually closer to my sister who lives in Arizona than it us for me in east Texas!

The more I ride in central TX though, the more I want to find a job in San Antonio or Austin. :-)
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. ~ Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CBRsteve View Post
    I'd love to get out there for the race, but the distance kills me... El Paso is actually closer to my sister who lives in Arizona than it us for me in east Texas!

The more I ride in central TX though, the more I want to find a job in San Antonio or Austin. :-)
    That's the same reason I race the NM series and not the TMBRA events, but I enjoyed the Comfort race and the few days of riding I got in Big Bend afterwards!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4