Bandit 29 FTW!!!

South Llano State Park this weekend...

Took the family to South Llano State Park for my son's 17th birthday. We had a blast riding the trails and saw lots of wildlife. This place is known for it's turkey population and it didn't disappoint us. We saw/heard turkeys the whole time we were there. For anyone interested in some good trails to train in these are the ones. This park has 25 miles of single and double track with challenging climbs.

We also took a ride from the park into town and it was worth the 20 mile round trip. The city park has lots to do. Multiple basketball courts, volleyball, disc golf and of course fishing the Llano river.

It's definitely on my list to go back during the summer so I can take advantage of the river.

The Birthday Boy...

Crossing the bridge going into town...

Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

Bandit 29 FTW!!!

A few more pics from the park...

mtbr member
    Went to high-school in llano. Never been back. Looks like you had fun

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Thanks so much for posting this....I am heading up there next weekend, so it was good to see what to expect!

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflyfisherman View Post
    Thanks so much for posting this....I am heading up there next weekend, so it was good to see what to expect!
    The park is on my short list of favorites now. I'll be back there before the winter is out and definitely will plan a summer trip.

I'd like to go with a stronger group of riders to explore the trails a little more. As you can see from the pics my buddy wasn't into the climbs...lol

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I actually live in Comfort....just about 5 miles from Flatrock Ranch. So this is not too far from me...an hour or so. I am glad to hear it's a quality place, because I have only been riding a few months, but it was one of the first places that caught my eye. I work 5 minutes from the Mainlad Trail head on the Greenway, so I ride those trails everyday at lunch....Llano will be anice change of scenery!

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    I actually live in Comfort....just about 5 miles from Flatrock Ranch. So this is not too far from me...an hour or so. I am glad to hear it's a quality place, because I have only been riding a few months, but it was one of the first places that caught my eye. I work 5 minutes from the Mainlad Trail head on the Greenway, so I ride those trails everyday at lunch....Llano will be anice change of scenery!
    Be ready for the climbs. The park map is marginal at best so a GPS app would help. No biggie though, eventually you'll hit a park boundary.

Live Dirty!
    I rode there this summer and while we had fun I wasn't all that impressed. Most of the trail on the upper part of the park is old double track jeep road. In places the trail was hard to follow because it doesn't see that much traffic. It was OK to ride as part of a camping/floating/fishing weekend, but I wouldn't go there just to ride.

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    How was the South Llano?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    See my recent post!