Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    305

    San Marcos - Purgatory Creek

    comin into austin over the weekend and stopping by san marcos to drop off the gf at the outlets while i ride this...anyone tried it yet? any other trails out there i should hit up instead?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    305
    awesome that's exactly what i'm looking for...i'll be doing this and the greenbelt over the weekend...time for a change of pace from houston trails

    i must be doing my searches wrong, cause nothing came up for purgatory creek

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EmbraceTheHate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by sinfony78 View Post
    awesome that's exactly what i'm looking for...i'll be doing this and the greenbelt over the weekend...time for a change of pace from houston trails

    i must be doing my searches wrong, cause nothing came up for purgatory creek
    I can maybe lead you on some really fun trails at greenbelt sunday...

    sent from my galaxy tab 2

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    305
    let me find out why u have a bad rep first, haha

    actually that sounds fine to me, but a couple issues:

    1) not in mountain biking shape, haven't gone in several months...and not sure if my hardtail can take too much of a beating there
    2) i have no idea when i'll be on the trail since that is contingent on my gf...i'd like to go in the morning, but she's not a morning person...then i have to find a place to drop her off for a couple hours while i go riding

    if u can keep a pretty open schedule sunday, then we should meet up...i've only been on the GB once starting at barton springs up to the first big hill (by mopac, i believe) and then back

  6. #6
    Bikes/Beers/BustinAss
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    32
    I live about a 3 minute pedal from purgatory. I would be happy to show ya around. I would say, if your woman is dead set on going to the outlet malls then ride purg. I prolly wouldn't make a special trip from Austin just for these trails. If you are in austin there are numerous trails that are more fun. I ride them a couple times a week and I love them, but I am partial as they are my home trails.
    I ride because exercising sucks, it's a lot of fun, and it makes beer taste oh so much better.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    305
    yeah, she is def. going to san marcos...the plan is to wake up saturday, have a late breakfast, then head to san marcos

    again, my riding this weekend is all contingent on her waking up, so if you can keep a pretty open schedule saturday (don't want to be there later than 2 or 230 pm), then let's ride

    see you guys on the trails, hopefully

    chris

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EmbraceTheHate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by sinfony78 View Post
    let me find out why u have a bad rep first, haha

    actually that sounds fine to me, but a couple issues:

    1) not in mountain biking shape, haven't gone in several months...and not sure if my hardtail can take too much of a beating there
    2) i have no idea when i'll be on the trail since that is contingent on my gf...i'd like to go in the morning, but she's not a morning person...then i have to find a place to drop her off for a couple hours while i go riding

    if u can keep a pretty open schedule sunday, then we should meet up...i've only been on the GB once starting at barton springs up to the first big hill (by mopac, i believe) and then back
    We start at best buy, sunday should work. I have bad rep because i tell it like it is, if you cant handle that then ask someone else to ride. Ive met a few guys on here that i personally have rode with, they have become my friends.

    Your hardtail will be ok, but not ideal. If your not comfortable going down steep hills with rocks you may not wanna join us. Its fine if your slow we will wait on you.

    Also if you cant get your chick to wake up for you to have a little fun. Id find another chick


    sent from my galaxy tab 2

  9. #9
    Dirt Squirt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    If you don't mind another straggler I may join you both. Is it Saturday or Sunday? I see both days posted.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: XRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    90
    If its early I can do Sunday with you guys if that is an option. I always love a good beating by a few rocks.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    305
    alright, so it's saturday at purgatory creek and sunday at GB

    gonna leave houston before noon, so san marcos 2 or 2:30...can u make that x-raptor? think that ride would just be us

    then sunday green belt, i'll try and get a definite time soon, but personally i'd like to be out there by 10:30 at latest, which i'm sure can be done

    what time is good for everyone sunday?

  12. #12
    Bikes/Beers/BustinAss
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    32
    2 sat sounds good. I plan on being a little hungover tomorrow
    Unfortunately I just broke my main bike, and will have to use my back up. Also dont be surprised if you wind up being faster than embracethehate. I'll pm you my cell phone #.
    I ride because exercising sucks, it's a lot of fun, and it makes beer taste oh so much better.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    305
    oops sorry, i got screen names mixed up...

    rambler, it will be us tomorrow at purg...PMing u my cell too

  14. #14
    Bikes/Beers/BustinAss
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    32
    cool cause I am not OG enough to pm yet.
    I ride because exercising sucks, it's a lot of fun, and it makes beer taste oh so much better.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EmbraceTheHate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rambler85 View Post
    2 sat sounds good. I plan on being a little hungover tomorrow
    Unfortunately I just broke my main bike, and will have to use my back up. Also dont be surprised if you wind up being faster than embracethehate. I'll pm you my cell phone #.
    What is that suppose to mean? Nvm joel!!!! Lmao

    Btw thanks for the invite, i love purgatory......

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

  16. #16
    Bikes/Beers/BustinAss
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by EmbraceTheHate View Post
    What is that suppose to mean? Nvm joel!!!! Lmao

    Btw thanks for the invite, i love purgatory......

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Damn it!! you're onto me!
    2 o clock at wonderworld/hunter. Be there... Bring your A game.
    I ride because exercising sucks, it's a lot of fun, and it makes beer taste oh so much better.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EmbraceTheHate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Tomorrow green belt at 3pm, guys i ride with dont get off till 2. Ill have my tubeless kit installed

    sent from my galaxy tab 2

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    305
    nice riding today, thanks for showing me around rambler. i like purgatory, fun to hit the crazy **** every now and then...you can always learn something new riding stuff you don't normally do

    Will be at gb in the morning probably between 10 and 11

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6
    sounds fun

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •