mtbr member
    Dec 2012

San Antonio Trails? I-10, 410, 1604, 281 area

I am visiting and staying right in the center of those 4 highways, don't know what that area is called. Can someone recommend a trail I can hit up for an hour or two around those parts? GMaps shows Orsinger and Phil Hardberger parks are nearby. I think I can sneak away for a short while with the HT. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Salado Creek out of Hardberger is going to be right by you. Its a very fun technical trail and is not too hard to follow for the first few miles as the paved walk way runs along it. Once you pass the Huebner rd overpass I would recommend meeting up with someone to show you around as it can get a little confusing past that point.

Next would be OP Schnabel/Leon creek to the west of your area, now for this place you would most definitely need someone to show you around I still get a little confused out there from time to time. Its a lot of fast flowing trails out there.

To the East of your area you have McAllister park, another fast little less flowing trail and again its a little confusing out there without a guild.

Now if you want a good rocky challenge and Fantastic views head up North West from your location to Government Canyon. Its $6 entry fee for day use and its open Friday -Monday from I think 7am? to 10pm. This place has very easy to follow trail markers. Front country is no biggie but head to the back country and your legs will burn! I love it out there.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    thanks for the info.
    think i will only have time for something close like salado creek sunday morning...starting maybe between 9-10...anyone care to join and show me around>
    Last edited by sinfony78; 05-16-2013 at 09:30 AM.

mtbr member
    A large group is doing a memorial ride out there Sunday morning for a great guy who passed away last week. Starts at 9am. Its for all skill levels and were going to place a marker in honer of our buddy at one of his favorite sections. I shouldn't see a problem why you cant join us.