Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 42 of 42
  1. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    Idk about having different markings considering all the trails are pretty easy. I think it would be cool to lay out one good loop. Maybe 12-15 miles. And mark it for people that don't know the area very well

  2. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14
    Depending on the route of the loop, a 15 mile loop could easily be made. For the sake of simplicity, the start point doesnt really matter, we could route something similar to:

    1)OP cliff pavilion (small one) then head south and west to connect to the outer OP loop (running eventually to Braundera Lumber and then the cell tower)
    2) Shoot south down to the creek
    3) Take the creek north to Bamberger trails, loop around and head south
    4) Go south past the OP concrete paths riding along the golf course down to Bandera Rd
    5) U-Turn at Bandera running up the trails closer to the concrete path
    6) Finish at the OP cliff pavilion

    The majority of this on the trails except where we needed to pass over the concrete of course. I would was thinking of mapping a ride like that today if it wasn't raining so much. Maybe Friday for me then. Maybe this crudely drawn map can help. Dont judge my last minute drawing attempts.


  3. #28
    SLR
    SLR is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    37
    I road OP on Sunday and saw the chalk too…betcha it's all washed away now!

    In-Yo-Grill - The picture of the wooden ramp, in the above post, is right next to what you call the "Big Dipper"

  4. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    That's a good map, maybe one of these coming weekends we can make some signs and go out to the trails and mark them. What does the big dipper refer too?

  5. #30
    SLR
    SLR is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by utsamtber View Post
    we have a new feature at op!
    In-Yo-Grill showed me the Big Dipper….it's a steep hill just to the left of the ramp in the picture. You guys have probably already ridden down it

  6. #31
    Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Reputation: In-Yo-Grill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    I road OP on Sunday and saw the chalk too…betcha it's all washed away now!

    In-Yo-Grill - The picture of the wooden ramp, in the above post, is right next to what you call the "Big Dipper"
    Cool...I guess I missed it when we rode by a X-mas Eve. Unless it wasn't there yet. I showed my son Rene's video and he is eager to get out there and hit the jumps.

    I heard Flat Rock is open again. We need to get a group ride out there.
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

  7. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    Where is the big dipper at OP? I have been riding OP and the greenway every weekend and havent seen this area.

  8. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    Cool...I guess I missed it when we rode by a X-mas Eve. Unless it wasn't there yet. I showed my son Rene's video and he is eager to get out there and hit the jumps.

    I heard Flat Rock is open again. We need to get a group ride out there.

    When you take your son let me know! We have a couple more in the works above the wood.

  9. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    im going to head to the trails today in hopes that it is dry enough!

  10. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14
    Did you hit any dry patches? I was able to ride earlier and it was slick or cakie in a lot of places. Found out my new front tire works great! The back just slides around though.

  11. #36
    Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Reputation: In-Yo-Grill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by ol dirty yarg View Post
    Where is the big dipper at OP? I have been riding OP and the greenway every weekend and havent seen this area.
    It's real close to the fireman's road or "goat hill". From the trail below it doesn't look like a drop you would want to do but overall it's not too bad. It's a major rush for sure.
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

  12. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by macross87 View Post
    Did you hit any dry patches? I was able to ride earlier and it was slick or cakie in a lot of places. Found out my new front tire works great! The back just slides around though.

    It was pretty wet out there. I look forward to sunday though! It should be perfect!

  13. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    some ahole noobs already tried to tear down the wood feature. They couldn't simply go around it. There were also skid marks all the way down the hill(that's why Im assuming noobs). I just don't understand why people can't leave stuff alone just because they aren't skilled enough to do it.

  14. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks "in yo grill", i found it.

  15. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14
    Is that the drop that dips into the creek and across? When heading from the parkwood parking lot.

  16. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by macross87 View Post
    Is that the drop that dips into the creek and across? When heading from the parkwood parking lot.
    Which drop? The wood drop is by the big rock drop coming from parkwood.

  17. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14
    The big dipper ad fireman's road is what I was asking of.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •