Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Leon Creek Trail Condition?

I usually ride Leon Creek on the way out to family's house on Thanksgiving. Does anybody know if the conditions will be okay to ride on Thursday with all the rain we had? I don't ride it very often so I don't know how well it drains, etc.

Thanks for the help anyone.

mtbr member
    Nevermind.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Anyone hit the Mac trails yet? Or any trails since the rain and the colder weather came in?

I'm itching to get on a non-muddy trail...don't like paths and road as much.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Mac is in fine shape. I went out there yesterday and even the normally muddy spots were not that bad. Tomorrow there is a Time Trial at Mac so if you want to go riding there will be plenty of action.

MTBer
    Whats up guys. I live in Leon Valley so I ride OP pretty much everyday. I ride solo mostly and on a Trek Rumblefish. All my MTB buddies either live south of DT or up in ATX.

My route starts of from "The Bend" Sports bar up on Bandera and ride all the way up past Bamberger park and back by sunset for a beer or two . I absolutely love it!
    2013 Airborne Goblin
    2012 Trek RumbleFish Elite

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahrain View Post
    Whats up guys. I live in Leon Valley so I ride OP pretty much everyday. I ride solo mostly and on a Trek Rumblefish. All my MTB buddies either live south of DT or up in ATX.

My route starts of from "The Bend" Sports bar up on Bandera and ride all the way up past Bamberger park and back by sunset for a beer or two . I absolutely love it!
    How many miles do you get out of it?
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    How many miles do you get out of it?
    Not quite sure because I don't have a computer. I am guessing 10 miles give or take?
    2013 Airborne Goblin

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Not quite sure because I don't have a computer. I am guessing 10 miles give or take?
    I'm assuming if you start at The Bend and head out to the bird sanctuary and back then you are getting more like 14miles. If you add OP to your ride you could get another 4+ miles out of it.

I've never been to The Bend. Is it any good?

I may try and get a ride in tomorrow around lunch. I'm assuming the trails will be good since we only got about 15minutes of rain.

MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    I'm assuming if you start at The Bend and head out to the bird sanctuary and back then you are getting more like 14miles. If you add OP to your ride you could get another 4+ miles out of it.

I've never been to The Bend. Is it any good?

I may try and get a ride in tomorrow around lunch. I'm assuming the trails will be good since we only got about 15minutes of rain.
    Yeah I wanted to ride tomorrow but not sure how muddy it would be.

The bend is pretty chill on weekdays, not so much on weekends due to a live band and lots of out-of-towners. But still cool nonetheless.
    2013 Airborne Goblin

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Did close to 14miles yesterday. Trails were awesome. The little bit of rain we had compacted the loose stuff and made the trails grippy and fast.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails San Antonio Trail Conditions?-20140410_125425.jpg  

San Antonio Trail Conditions?-20140410_120159.jpg  

BBB STYLEE
    Where's the area with the bridge?
    Im referred to as a BBBM. Big Beautiful Beard Man.

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by StopStaring@myUnit View Post
    Where's the area with the bridge?
    That's actually just a platform with seating. It's located in the area called "Bird Sanctuary". Going towards UTSA/Valero

MTBer
    That's exactly where I stopped on thursday.
    2013 Airborne Goblin

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Might take the wife out for a trail ride tomorrow morning. Hoping the weather holds up.

MTBer
    Guys I stumbled across this. Woman claims she saw mountain lion at O.P. Schnabel Park | News - Home

Kinda freaked me out because I've been riding OP everyday and mostly solo. Do you think this is legit? I used to live in Southern California and attacks on mountain bikers weren't unusual...
    2013 Airborne Goblin

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Guys I stumbled across this. Woman claims she saw mountain lion at O.P. Schnabel Park | News - Home

Kinda freaked me out because I've been riding OP everyday and mostly solo. Do you think this is legit? I used to live in Southern California and attacks on mountain bikers weren't unusual...
    I saw the story a while back. If I recall they didn't find any tracks to confirm what was reported. The TPWD said that it wasn't too far fetched to think that a Mountain Lion would be passing thru the area. I ride those trails on a regular basis and never even think about it. I hear Coyotes from time to time and know there's wildlife out there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    anyone know how it is today?

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdominic View Post
    anyone know how it is today?
    Got hammered with rain. May be a few puddles tomorrow but the rest of the week should be great. Trails get really fast after a light rain.

MTBer
    How muddy is it?
    2013 Airborne Goblin

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Going to hit OP and Leon Creek for an hour or so tomorrow afternoon. I'll report on the trail condition after the ride. Hoping there's not too much water sitting in the lower parts of the creek.

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    I'll be going for a ride in Leon Creek in the am. I was there a week ago with the wife and it was too muddy to ride.

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Hit the trails Sunday morning around 8:30am. Good ride as the trails were dry except for some mud puddles. Nothing that could not be avoided. Lot's of people on the way back as the day was warming up. One area was kind of spooky since we had to navigate 6-7ft grass with only 2ft of sight distance. Can imagine there were some head to head near misses after things get busy.

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Hitting the trails today around 7:30pm for a 10-12 mile ride. Hopefully it will have cooled down a little by then.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    A group of us went to Mac last night at 6:00. The first half hour was a little warm but after that the temp was a non issue. Trails are in great shape at Mac and Leon right now.

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    I really need to learn Mac. My buddy and I rode OP & LC yesterday. Trails are gtg until we get more rain. Lots of shade to ride in which makes the afternoon rides more tolerable.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast