Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Anyone know of any good singletrack north of 1604 on Salado? Just started venturing out there yesterday and can't find anything more than jeep trail and rock gardens. Oh, and highschool kids getting high in their pickup truck! Was hoping somebody might know of some good trails, if any exist that is.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I've found the same thing minus the high school kids. I too am curious to see if there are any trails north of 1604 on Salado. I remember reading something about a nite train trail or ride that occurred out there at some point in time.

mtbr member
    Above, Night train does exist. About a 2 mile loop north of 1604. kinda hard to find. My riding buddy know night train very well. Keep exploring Salado, its got all kinds of single track out there. Get off the jeep trail and double track and get onto some of the side trials. We ride there all the time, hit me up if you want to go. We ride fast.
    When the **** did we get ice cream?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Thanks crclawn. I probably wouldn't be able to keep up if you guys ride real fast, but I will have to keep a close eye for it.

Additionally, another question.....does Leon Creek have trails that extend beyond Bamberger and the Bird Sanctuary? Specifically through Fox Park and towards the Valero Trailhead?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Looks like rain in San Antonio, get it in.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    what's up everybody! just joined MTBR and still fairly new to trial riding.

i frequent Salado Creek and Mac. always excited to find new spots too.

hope to see ya'll out there.

BBB STYLEE
    what up jedi! See you there!
    Im referred to as a BBBM. Big Beautiful Beard Man.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmorg1075 View Post
    Thanks crclawn. I probably wouldn't be able to keep up if you guys ride real fast, but I will have to keep a close eye for it.

Additionally, another question.....does Leon Creek have trails that extend beyond Bamberger and the Bird Sanctuary? Specifically through Fox Park and towards the Valero Trailhead?
    It sure does but most of the good ones are gone. Before the city decided to pave back there and before the RIM was built you could ride from OP to UTSA, then under I-10 and into a huge rock quarry where the RIM now sits. In the opposite direction you can ride from OP to Ingram park mall, hang a right and follow that out to Sea World. Most of the good trails are gone, sad but the city destroyed them to put up their fancy cement walkway, but there are a few of us OG's that still know the hidden trails

try and catch me
    Mar 2011
    Sup, jbat checkin in here. Senior at UTSA and I've been riding the trails from school to the bandera area. Pretty much avoid the concrete during my rides. I ride a specialized S-works FSR Enduro DH full suspension, it's hunter green, and orange Spank rims on maxxis rubber. I'm all about the fast drop-ins. The faster and steeper the better. There's a pretty nice drop-in with a smooth table top jump out there in the creek. I ride a couple times a week, u can check out my routes on mapmyride app under Jeremy Bateman .

See y'all out there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    im a senior at utsa as well. what are you studying? there are some good lines and drops near the op area, other than just the table top

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by utsamtber View Post
    im a senior at utsa as well. what are you studying? there are some good lines and drops near the op area, other than just the table top
    Another UTSA senior here, Mechanical Engineering. Anyone seen the super sketchy 4 story DH across from Bandera Commons Apt complex!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by h20-50 View Post
    Another UTSA senior here, Mechanical Engineering. Anyone seen the super sketchy 4 story DH across from Bandera Commons Apt complex!
    im mechanical engineering as well. are you talking about the downhill that has some rope tied to trees to climb back to the top? are you in senior 1 or 2?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    im mechanical engineering as well. are you talking about the downhill that has some rope tied to trees to climb back to the top? are you in senior 1 or 2?
    Yes sir that would be the one! Gave it a go the other day, time to invest in a helmet. In senior II right now, our project is a gearing system for a belt driven bike. If you need ideas for a project I have a couple bike related ones that we came across trying to make ours.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by h20-50 View Post
    Yes sir that would be the one! Gave it a go the other day, time to invest in a helmet. In senior II right now, our project is a gearing system for a belt driven bike. If you need ideas for a project I have a couple bike related ones that we came across trying to make ours.
    ok cool, I'm familiar with that project. We haven't decided entirely on a project yet, but I've been looking into a couple different things that have to do with bikes. What kind of bike do you ride?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    ok cool, I'm familiar with that project. We haven't decided entirely on a project yet, but I've been looking into a couple different things that have to do with bikes. What kind of bike do you ride?
    LMAO, " what kind of BIKES do I ride"! Mostly my mountain bikes, I have a Santa Cruz Blur XCc and TRc for a FS mood, and a Giant XTC1 if I get in the hard tail mood. My hobby is rebuilding/restoring classic BMX bikes so sometimes I beat the pavement on my 87 Dyno Pro Compe or my 89 Dyno Detour. Those BMX bikes were the bikes that I grew up riding back there, WAY before that stupid concrete walkway.

try and catch me
    Mar 2011
    I'm a senior in Architecture. Lets get a ride in this weekend or early next week. I'm free Sunday, then Tuesday and Thursday early afternoons. Like around 1ish.. MWF- you can find me on dt campus then at work, come into GRIMALDIS brick oven pizzeria at la cantera. I'm the bartender

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by J_BAT View Post
    I'm a senior in Architecture. Lets get a ride in this weekend or early next week. I'm free Sunday, then Tuesday and Thursday early afternoons. Like around 1ish.. MWF- you can find me on dt campus then at work, come into GRIMALDIS brick oven pizzeria at la cantera. I'm the bartender
    Normally the weekends are good for me but this weekend is toasted already. Tues, thurs, and fri anytime after 1:30 I'm game and normally out there with another ME senior buddy of mine. Next week will work for me

try and catch me
    Mar 2011

San Antonio folks! Check in.

It's a plan. Tuesday 1:45 pm lets shred. Meet at the trail head on Babcock by the stop sign. The smaller trail head

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Re: San Antonio folks! Check in.

EE > ME. ;-)

(utsa classes of '98 and '11, BSEE and MSEE)

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    man I don't get out of class until 145 on Tuesdays. Ill be out riding today and tomorrow at op.

try and catch me
    Mar 2011

Hey we can push back Til 2 if u wanna come after class. I'm working all weekend so I won't be able to get out there Til Tuesday

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita Handle View Post
    EE > ME. ;-)

(utsa classes of '98 and '11, BSEE and MSEE)
    Whatever helps you sleep at night !! Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by J_BAT View Post
    Hey we can push back Til 2 if u wanna come after class. I'm working all weekend so I won't be able to get out there Til Tuesday
    2 would be better for me too, I have to run home and grab the bike after class.

try and catch me
    Mar 2011

San Antonio folks!  Check in.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361202177.903172.jpg

try and catch me
    Mar 2011

You'll see me on this. Shoot me a txt if ya need to. 832-331-5500 Jeremy

But I'll be at the trail head tomorrow at 2. The smaller lot by the stop sign on Babcock.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    New to S.A.
    Only rode O.P. once, trying to get to government canyon soon and other trails before it gets hot!!! 410 and 151 area.

San Antonio folks!  Check in.-img_0210bbbbbbbbbb.jpg

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast