mtbr member
    Apr 2005

SA to Emma Long Park

Hit Emma Long park for the first time this morning, what a great ride. Obviously I had to hike a bike the 2 ft steps, but what I did get to ride was fun. I love the trails that push you, especially since I ride solo. Highly reccommend the park. Wish it would have been longer, those 6 miles went by quickly.
    Being from SA, I appreciate what austin has for trails.
    Peace

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I do laps there. 2 laps in the heat of summer, 3 laps in the cooler weather. You missed the opportunity to get in some extra mileage.
    Austin Mountain Biking and worldwide travel pictures:

http://www.austinbike.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    It did cross my mind, but the hike a bike sections talked me out of it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Pm me the next time you come up. Most things are doable if you see someone else doing it first.
    Austin Mountain Biking and worldwide travel pictures:

http://www.austinbike.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    thanks.
    My intentions were to ride reveille, but at the last min we decided to be closer to austin. I've been back in SA for 4 yrs now and the only austin rides I have gotten around to doing have been rocky hill twice, Emma long and Walnut creek.
    I'm slowly chipping away at the list.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarr999 View Post
    thanks.
    My intentions were to ride reveille, but at the last min we decided to be closer to austin. I've been back in SA for 4 yrs now and the only austin rides I have gotten around to doing have been rocky hill twice, Emma long and Walnut creek.
    I'm slowly chipping away at the list.
    I rode Reveille last weekend. I love that place, but i would wait until they get out there with some weed whackers or after the summer to make the trek from SA. The flowers and growth out there is pretty at first, but it is very hard to see the trail ahead.

The next one to cross off your list should be the Greenbelt. You'll want a guide to find the good stuff. Maybe take Austinbike up on that offer.

Team Livemedium
    Awesome. Emma is brutal and fun and always challenging. It is some of the ledgeiest trails I've ever been to.
    Keep trying to do the awesomest thing you've ever done.