Off the saddle

Good job! River Bend MTB Trail info in pics (Sugar Land, TX)

I went out there for the first time this morning and it's pretty awesome. It's neat because it's tucked away literally behind a neighborhood. I'm a visual person so I took pics of where to park, etc to hopefully help out the next guy who likes pictures.

Trail parking is located on Wimberly Canyon Dr (should be around the 3200-3300 block) just west of Richland Springs LN along the north side curb. The lanes are pretty wide lanes so if you hug the curb you should have a bit of room on the driver side to safely get out. It's a low traffic area into the neighborhood so cars aren't continually zooming by.

You'll see this path. Take it all the way north and you'll run into the swinging gate. Yes, it's an official city park so you're good to go.

Go through the gate and then up the gravel hill and back down. Near the end of the gravel hill you should see the trail off to the right. Take that down and the first opening on the left is the trail head. It literally drops right in. Have fun.

Looking from the top of the gravel hill towards the parking area.

Hope this helps at least one person.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    awesome! how is the trail? how long is it and is it technical at all?

Off the saddle
    The trail is tight single track right in the woods. It's really shaded in there. I would rate this beginner-intermediate. Certain spots are a little bumpy but it'll hopefully smooth out with more riders and trail maintenance. There are a few small climbs, dips and whatnot but nothing an advanced beginner can't handle. Watch out for the huge tree blocking part of the trail.
    I'm sure the expert guys can burn through this. I rode the newer west loop and didn't log the mileage. There is more trail on the east portion. I'll check it out next time. I want to say the entire trail system is at least 5 miles.

Off the saddle
    Rode River Bend again and did the entire trail. The east portion (I guess the original trail) is nice and flows pretty well at least IMO. The newer west loop portion is way bumpier but still fun and challenging for me at least on certain parts. I lost my momentum and cadence a few times. I learned today I need WAYYYY more cardio in my life. My Suunto Ambit clocked 4.73 miles including the round trip from the parking area.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Here is a short video of the first part of the trail. (the video is of the northernmost portion of the trail on the map shown above) Very fun tight and twisty singletrack out there. More is being built that isn't shown on the map above, but it's quite easy to find when you are there.

Sorry for the shaky video... this was filmed using the Gopro chesty, and it moves around a bit more than the gopro bar or helmet mounts.

River Bend Trail - Sugar Land, TX. - YouTube