mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Reveille Peak Ranch?

Thinking about going there the 28th and 29th. Will it be miserable this time of the year? I'm from Dallas so the heat is nothing new. Wondering about the exposure and such.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    I've never ridden it this time of year but I will say that it an amazing place. Very cool trails and really unique terrain for Texas. I was living in Austin when they were being built last winter/spring so I got to ride there a lot. They have a good mix of everything.
    If you ever see a turtle on a telephone pole, remember he had help getting there. Is there anything beer can't do?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Good mix indeed, but for the most part, you'll be exposed to the sun. If this weather patter holds, you'll be OK, but who knows?

Yeah, you pretty much have to visit RPR - it is very good.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thanks. I'm planning on doing that 100k there in September and wanted to see what it's about ,

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny7 View Post
    Thinking about going there the 28th and 29th. Will it be miserable this time of the year? I'm from Dallas so the heat is nothing new. Wondering about the exposure and such.
    Thanks.
    Ride early and ask about water drop locations on the trail. Have a beer in the pool and take advantage of the showers after. Enjoy
    Scott Genius 910 tricked out as much as I could without getting a divorce

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by weaverwins View Post
    Ride early and ask about water drop locations on the trail. Have a beer in the pool and take advantage of the showers after. Enjoy
    This. RPR is awesome. Best in TX, IMO.

If this is Weaver off mojo, I guess this is the second time I've agreed with you on something. What's the world coming to?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by B Gillespie View Post
    This. RPR is awesome. Best in TX, IMO.

If this is Weaver off mojo, I guess this is the second time I've agreed with you on something. What's the world coming to?
    I like bikes. That make 3?

mtbr member
    Prepare in advance properly for it, pre-hydrate, increase your % carbs (helps to hydrate) hydrate, hydrate and apply ample sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher and you'll do fine. Start hydration and carb increase 2-3 days before your go - especially if you plan to see it all. Plenty of bail out connections if you puss out. RPR is worth a bad ride or even a trip to the hospital. Nothing beats beers and the granite pool after a ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Do you have to bring your own beer or do they sell? I can't believe I still haven't been out there yet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pkmffl View Post
    Do you have to bring your own beer or do they sell? I can't believe I still haven't been out there yet.
    Not selling yet and can bring your own. Amazing pavillion and wading pool are perfect for a beer afterwards.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pkmffl View Post
    Unless it's an event it's BYOB.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    If RPR was on the surface of the sun and you had to ride it naked on a barbwire seat I'd still say do it. It's a 100% don't miss.
    =====
    bacon (is my dog)
    http://www.sbtec.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baconismidog View Post
    If RPR was on the surface of the sun and you had to ride it naked on a barbwire seat I'd still say do it. It's a 100% don't miss.
    So, you like it?

mtbr member
    This.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny7 View Post
    So, you like it?
    Yeah, it's ok.

Oh, and to help speed up the process and get you riding before the sun hits too hard do this:

Go here: Register : Reveille Peak Ranch Day Use Registration

Register and put your arrival time around sunrise (like 6:45). That way, if they're gonna have the gates locked you'll be emailed a code so you'll be able to legally ride (having signed the hold harmless and paid your fee) as soon as you get there. Sunrise riding out there is pretty special.
    =====
    bacon (is my dog)
    http://www.sbtec.com

mtbr member
    Sunrise riding out there is pretty special.
    Its a beautiful place for sure