Big Damn Hero

Palo Duro - Tire Choice

I'll be going for the marathon next week and have never ridden there before. I have Sworks tires on the bike now, but have some EVO Ralphs laying around I can thrown on there if need be. Any thoughts as to whether or not the Sworks are durable enough for Palo Duro?

Thanks,
    Steve
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. ~ Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm tires

Quote Originally Posted by CBRsteve View Post
    I'll be going for the marathon next week and have never ridden there before. I have Sworks tires on the bike now, but have some EVO Ralphs laying around I can thrown on there if need be. Any thoughts as to whether or not the Sworks are durable enough for Palo Duro?

Thanks,
    Steve
    RR are afavorite around here.Crossmarks do well to.I like the rr and run them on my rigid ss.2.4 up front and 2.25 on back.

Big Damn Hero
    Thanks for the feedback, but I wound up just sticking with the Sworks tires (control 2.0 front and rear) at 25psi and they worked great! The rear spun up on a few of the steep climbs but that was more due to my body position than anything else really.

That's an amazing course out there, tons of fun!
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. ~ Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    For future reference to anyone looking at this thread. The SWorks tires have been known to not stand up to PDC and surrounding trails in this part of Texas. I'm glad to hear you had success, but typically the SWorks sidewalls will take a beating within a few rides at PDC. I personally prefer the Control 2Bliss options for the area. I have a Ground Control 2Bliss Grid up front, and a Fast Trak Control 2Bliss on the back. I really like this combo, and have had good success this past 12 race series (XC).
    Making Milk by Day, Beer by Night

Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry Cownty Brewer View Post
    For future reference to anyone looking at this thread. The SWorks tires have been known to not stand up to PDC and surrounding trails in this part of Texas. I'm glad to hear you had success, but typically the SWorks sidewalls will take a beating within a few rides at PDC. I personally prefer the Control 2Bliss options for the area. I have a Ground Control 2Bliss Grid up front, and a Fast Trak Control 2Bliss on the back. I really like this combo, and have had good success this past 12 race series (XC).
    A bit off topic, but I like how the "part of Texas" link links to Amazon for Texas Chainsaw Massacre action figures. It always interesting to see what these automated links are trying to sell.
    Slightly faster than a speeding snail.