mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Good job! New Shop in The Woodlands/Houston called Cycles TX (Santa Cruz, Niner, Giant, Surly)

I found a new shop in The Woodlands, TX that just opened called Cycles TX. They carry a few brands that I have not seen in the Houston area before. I only ride mountain bikes so I am not sure what road brands they carry, but several of the road bikes were over 15k and one of them in the front window was around 26k . It also looks like they carry a full line of Enve products. I saw several Enve stems out on display and a lot of Enve boxes in the back. The shop is open but I don't think they have had their grand opening yet. They are across the street from Tinseltown in The Woodlands.

Fred, an employee at the shop, took me out to a local trail and let me demo a large Tallboy 2 Carbon and even swapped the wheels with a higher spec medium demo so I could try out the Enve XC wheel set. It was really cool that I could demo such a pricey bike on an actual trail instead of the usual parking lot shake down. The bike rode like a dream and I am considering retiring my Mach 429a.

Mountain Bike Brands & Models I Spotted on Floor:
    Niner Bikes (Jet 9 RDO, Air 9 RDO, One 9 RDO)
    Giant Bikes (Not sure but full suspension high and low end)
    Surly Bikes (Krampus and Moonlanders)
    Santa Cruz Bikes (650B Heckler, Carbon Tallboy 2's with Enve's, Juliana's, and a Carbon Highball. Also said they would have a Bronson and Solo "5010" coming in soon .

Also, I do not work for the shop if that was not already obvious.

Picture of the Tallboy I demoed with the swapped Enve wheel set.
    New Shop in The Woodlands/Houston called Cycles TX (Santa Cruz, Niner, Giant, Surly)-wp_20130919_006.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Cycles TX is supposed to be doing a demo this weekend at Flintridge on Sat 10/5 and then a demo on Sunday 10/6 at Huntsville. I think they will be out from 8am-12pm. Demos will be Santa Cruz and Surly. Might want to call to confirm but I heard that was the plan.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I checked this place out last night. Super helpful and friendly. I'm getting into my first FS and Fred actually took the time to set the suspension for my weight so I could get the right feeling for the bike. Awesome, great experience.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Blk02 View Post
    several of the road bikes were over 15k and one of them in the front window was around 26k
    Good God, what bike was 26k???
    When I'm not riding I help beginner mountain bikers learn new skills at Texas Mountain Bike Trails.