Thread: New to DFW

mtbr member

New to DFW

Recently moved to the area and itching to get back on the bike. Life has mellowed out a bit and it looks like I can get out tomorrow a.m. I'd like to check out Big cedar, any locals up for showing me around ?

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    You need to go over to the DORBA Facebook page and website:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dorba/

Dallas Off-Road Bicycle Association ? Index page

At either place, you will find a fella' named Shadow. He has cut most of the Big Cedar trail himself and he LOVES to show people around. You will NOT find a better tour guide for the trail... end of story. Not to mention, he is a good, nice and fun guy to ride with.... he can be very patient with a beginner too (I have rode with him twice... he could probably ride backwards better than I do )

And welcome to DFW...
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    Thanks man, I'll look for the shadow, if he can be found

mtbr member
    May 2007
    The trail is so well marked you wont need a guide...(just fyi) Awesome trail system!

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Keith is right.... you don't actually need a guide, but you will miss some pretty nice views and sites riding. Shadow made sure to point out things I would have blown past... great trail.... can be punishing.
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight511 View Post
    Keith is right.... you don't actually need a guide, but you will miss some pretty nice views and sites riding. Shadow made sure to point out things I would have blown past... great trail.... can be punishing.
    Punishing, yes. Had an idea what I was in for when shadow replied 'look for the guy on the red/yellow/blue single speed' . I met a few of the other locals on the trail as well, and had a great time.
    I tell ya, the YouTube vid's don't give these trails justice due. Granted, my fitness level sucks right now since I didn't get much time on the bike this spring before the move out here, but even if I had been at my best I'd say this was one of the toughest rides I've been on. The numerous short descents and short punchy climbs catch up to ya.
    I really like how all the trails flow, and so many technical features worked into it all, looking forward to many more rides out there
    Thanks again Shadow !