Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    TXTony
    Quote Originally Posted by bish View Post
    Ok, so i made it. Going to live up in Keller, nice weather! Went tubeless and should get my bikes this saturday ;-)
    Howdy neighbor...live right near you over in Haslet

mtbr member
    Ok, so i made it. Going to live up in Keller, nice weather! Went tubeless and should get my bikes this saturday ;-)
    i used to live in Keller. I rode Sansom Park and Northshore quite a bit

Dilligaf
    Apr 2010
    Since you are going to be in Keller, don't forget to come hit my trail some time, it may not be the most elaborate, but it is our closest trail.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Knob-...73907669337880

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CruJonez View Post
    Since you are going to be in Keller, don't forget to come hit my trail some time, it may not be the most elaborate, but it is our closest trail.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Knob-...73907669337880
    I used to ride Knob Hill quite frequently as well. one of the least traveled trails in DFW. I hardly ever saw anyone else out there. pretty strictly XC riding but good for a good hour and a half after work

Dilligaf
    Apr 2010
    We've added about a mile and half of loop this year, our goal is to eventually loop the entire trail. The new area is meant to be a bit more challenging. If you get a chance to check it out again, feel free to let me know how you like/dislike the changes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CruJonez View Post
    We've added about a mile and half of loop this year, our goal is to eventually loop the entire trail. The new area is meant to be a bit more challenging. If you get a chance to check it out again, feel free to let me know how you like/dislike the changes.
    Going to try and get out to sansom tomorrow and see what it's like to ride in this heat! Hopefully try to get further afield as time goes on, but even a local ride is tricky trying to squeeze it in!
    Looking forward to it though :-)

mtbr member
    Going to try and get out to sansom tomorrow and see what it's like to ride in this heat! Hopefully try to get further afield as time goes on, but even a local ride is tricky trying to squeeze it in!
    Looking forward to it though :-)
    in this heat, Sansom is a *****. especially finishing off with 3-fer Madness and those stupid steep climbs.

mtbr member
    How bad is the heat in the DFW area?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus View Post
    How bad is the heat in the DFW area?
    Unless you are on a flat trail you really don't want to be out there past noon.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I think the heat factor is overrated. Except, possibly for racers, I think it can be a factor but ... I'm a middle of the pack paced rider, just trying to keep a steady, brisk pace. I ride whenever and just make sure I fill the CamelBak and add some ice. When it gets over 100-105, then it gets stuffy. I drink about 1.5 liters an hour in ~>95 degree weather.

FYI, peak temperatures are ~4-6pm.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Before 10am or after 6pm. Before 10 is before the day really starts heat loading and after 6 you are, at least, not being beaten by the sun. You will acclimate to the heat, it just takes time. The folks that complain the loudest are usually transplants that just ***** instead of trying to get use to it.

Yes, it is hot. No, it does not stop us from riding. Drink lots of water and take breaks if your body is telling you to. Get out and ride..... and for the love of God, DRINK PLENTY OF WATER (I know I said it twice).
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Another DFW rider here and agree with the two previous posts. Yes it's hot but it's doable. Hey it could be worse-- you could be trying to ride in Houston weather (100% humidity). I ride late in the day, take cold water with me, stick to the trails I know have some shade, and take breaks or even cut my ride short depending how I'm feeling.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    in this heat, Sansom is a *****. especially finishing off with 3-fer Madness and those stupid steep climbs.
    I got out on the 'sunday funday' good guys but hard work as i'm nowhere near acclimatised yet! Good trail too-very good, lots in a small area. Going back ASAP

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I ride around 7PM on weekdays and 7AM on the weekends. As long as your not out around noon-5 pm you should be able to make it through all the DFW trails with a camelbak. If you haven't made it out to Northshore yet, I suggest you try. Best trail in DFW.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I've yet to venture from Sansom! It's a brilliant trail (when i can get the climbs nailed-rocky? yep), but too close to make me go elsewhere! I need to venture further out in the coming weeks.

Livin' the Dream
    Glad to hear you are digging some of the local trails. Sansom is awesome and along with most of our trails, highly under rated. Big Cedar is now at 22 miles and will probably be 25 miles by the end of the year. It is getting harder and harder to ride the whole thing in just a few hours and pretty soon it will be an all day visit (50 miles planned!) It is worth the drive now though.
    DO RIGHT AND FEAR NO MAN

mtbr member
    Bish, this is rich I ride the trek remedy at samson on sundays
    Shoot me an pm e can try to line up a ride up in north shore or big cedar.

Rich

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    TXTony. Hi, not too far eh?!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    PM'd Rich

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3