Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Well I've been in Burnet for two weeks and tried twice at RPR. When I got here they had a mountain bike festival and I did the race course until I flatted on top of Decision Point. Then I flatted again on my way out... I tried again this weekend and got ANOTHER flat- this after I switched to tubeless. I got a new rear tire (maxxis ardent) with a self sealing tube and I'm hoping it will let me get a full ride in. My Reign X had maxxis minion dhf's which have been through hell and back. I can't believe this place is tearing into them like this. This rock is something else.

I've visited a few shops and I really like the crews at Bicycle Sport Shop (Parmer) and Crank House Cycles (Bee Cave).

It will probably be three weeks before I have another chance to ride, but I'm very ready to become familiar with the trails here.

Alex, I didn't know you could ride weekdays! I'd love to ride there as often as possible. Maybe I'll see you out there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    If you want to come down to the greenbelt, let me know. I have a pretty flexible working arrangement if I have enough advance notice.
    Austin Mountain Biking and worldwide travel pictures:

http://www.austinbike.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by PeytonP View Post
    Well I've been in Burnet for two weeks and tried twice at RPR. When I got here they had a mountain bike festival and I did the race course until I flatted on top of Decision Point. Then I flatted again on my way out... I tried again this weekend and got ANOTHER flat- this after I switched to tubeless. I got a new rear tire (maxxis ardent) with a self sealing tube and I'm hoping it will let me get a full ride in. My Reign X had maxxis minion dhf's which have been through hell and back. I can't believe this place is tearing into them like this. This rock is something else.

I've visited a few shops and I really like the crews at Bicycle Sport Shop (Parmer) and Crank House Cycles (Bee Cave).

It will probably be three weeks before I have another chance to ride, but I'm very ready to become familiar with the trails here.

Alex, I didn't know you could ride weekdays! I'd love to ride there as often as possible. Maybe I'll see you out there.
    You might want to check about riding RPR on the weekdays. I only do it because I have family connections with the owner.

mtbr member
    Peyton welcome to central TX. You are right in that RPR can be hard on gear! Watch those sidewalls and rear der!

The trail system has grown out there a ton. I've got some pretty good routes to hit all the goods. Let me know if you're on Facebook and strava as I don't visit this forum as often.

And Alex is a lucky duck as far as riding during the week for sure. He is damn fast too!
    Scott Genius 910 tricked out as much as I could without getting a divorce

mtbr member
    As far as other trails Burnetians hit, depends on how far you want to drive. Colorado Bend isn't close or I would a checked it out already. Pace bend isn't too far and has lots of fun flowy trails (and some wooden features, berms, little jumps), brushy creek aka deception is a blast and is one of those closest "Austin trails".

You need a tour of the bcgb from Austin bike. City park aka Emma long is another good public trail that's easy to follow. These are a chunk of time in the car though for us country folks.

Welcome to the 78611.
    Scott Genius 910 tricked out as much as I could without getting a divorce

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2