Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 75 of 75
  1. #51
    Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Reputation: In-Yo-Grill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyRoots View Post
    "Perfectly" for me doesn't mean perfectly for you...



    Ellsworth evolution, cane creek angleset and 2012 Fox 34 140 with hope hubs/flows, type 2 stuff/noir cranks and loaded stuff. Needing new brakes, these elixir cr's are starting to pissm e off, got some hope's that are going on soon. Also thinking about the new carbon seatstay with thru axle... but its 500 bucks :/

    Oh an its a 22"
    22lbs? That's great for a full suspension bike. Is it me or the picture, that top tube makes your bike look like a chopper?

    I missed out on the ride today with utsamtber because my son got a flat and needed pops to come to the rescue. I will try again tomorrow.
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

  2. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    22lbs? That's great for a full suspension bike. Is it me or the picture, that top tube makes your bike look like a chopper?

    I missed out on the ride today with utsamtber because my son got a flat and needed pops to come to the rescue. I will try again tomorrow.
    22inch.. XL

    I'd guess it weighs around 29lbs. That picture is deceiving as its actually on a hill, it actually has one of the steepest HTA's out there at 72. For this reason, i got the cane creek angleset to find my happy medium.

    Maybe this helps..

    2012 Ellsworth Evolution
    x9 type 2, x0 cranks,
    fox 34 talas140mm with CC angleset -1.5

  3. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
    You should try road riding!! Nice and smooth/buff. No big rocks, nothing too tough for ya!
    lol you guys are funny. Btw anglefire is far from prepped, aside from jump sections, it is the roughest riding I've done.

  4. #54
    Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Reputation: In-Yo-Grill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by utsamtber View Post
    lol you guys are funny. Btw anglefire is far from prepped, aside from jump sections, it is the roughest riding I've done.
    How was the bike ride? Did your new bike do well?
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

  5. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    How was the bike ride? Did your new bike do well?
    I love it! Its heavier than Im used to riding but the smooth ride makes up for it. Ill be riding tomorrow as well! let me know if you're free.

  6. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EmbraceTheHate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
    You should try road riding!! Nice and smooth/buff. No big rocks, nothing too tough for ya!
    Im thinking about getting a kona zing.

    sent from my galaxy tab 2

  7. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EmbraceTheHate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by utsamtber View Post
    lol you guys are funny. Btw anglefire is far from prepped, aside from jump sections, it is the roughest riding I've done.
    Must never been to purgatory, or pedernales falls.

    sent from my galaxy tab 2

  8. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EmbraceTheHate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Bloody roots sunday afternoon a group of us will be riding greenbelt. If ya wanna join.

    sent from my galaxy tab 2

  9. #59
    Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Reputation: In-Yo-Grill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by EmbraceTheHate View Post
    Bloody roots sunday afternoon a group of us will be riding greenbelt. If ya wanna join.

    sent from my galaxy tab 2
    Where is Greenbelt?
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EmbraceTheHate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    Where is Greenbelt?
    Barton creek

    sent from my galaxy tab 2

  11. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HAL 9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by EmbraceTheHate View Post
    Wheres all the 29ers on the mountain????
    You must not get out much.

  12. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by EmbraceTheHate View Post
    Must never been to purgatory, or pedernales falls.

    sent from my galaxy tab 2
    The difference is at angel fire you're going 2 or 3 times as fast. Governement canyon is probably the roughest trail riding around central texas. Sure it has more rocks than angel fire. But you're going so slow that it doesn't matter.

  13. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by EmbraceTheHate View Post
    Barton creek

    sent from my galaxy tab 2
    bleh, that place is so packed man, it's start/stop. I don't think i'll be going out there. I'm right around the corner from pace bend though
    2012 Ellsworth Evolution
    x9 type 2, x0 cranks,
    fox 34 talas140mm with CC angleset -1.5

  14. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EmbraceTheHate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyRoots View Post
    bleh, that place is so packed man, it's start/stop. I don't think i'll be going out there. I'm right around the corner from pace bend though
    Not where we go its not start and stop. I agree the main trail hiker central. Pace bend is cool maybe next weekend.

    sent from my galaxy tab 2

  15. #65
    Big Boy
    Reputation: texasnavy05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    945
    Pace bend is probably my favorite ride in central texas. Perfect blend of features and lots of fast flowy trail.
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

  16. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    297
    honestly, pace bend is pretty boring until u get to the rock quarry and back side going down the hills with all of the loose rock. I'm by no means an endurance beast, i do not like going up hills lol.
    2012 Ellsworth Evolution
    x9 type 2, x0 cranks,
    fox 34 talas140mm with CC angleset -1.5

  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EmbraceTheHate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyRoots View Post
    honestly, pace bend is pretty boring until u get to the rock quarry and back side going down the hills with all of the loose rock. I'm by no means an endurance beast, i do not like going up hills lol.
    Yep agreed at first I was like screw this ****!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

  18. #68
    Big Boy
    Reputation: texasnavy05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    945
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyRoots View Post
    honestly, pace bend is pretty boring until u get to the rock quarry and back side going down the hills with all of the loose rock. I'm by no means an endurance beast, i do not like going up hills lol.
    You probably ride it alot more than i do since you live right there. Ive only been there twice and I still really like it. Now, purgatory...I'm tired of that one because I ride it all the time. At first though I loved it.
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

  19. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HAL 9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyRoots View Post
    I'm by no means an endurance beast, i do not like going up hills lol.
    Never go to Colorado then...The big reward after climbing straight up for hours is awesome descents!

    Climbing from Molas Pass to the Colorado trail took hours to get to awesome descending like this...

    Engineer Mt. Trail from Coal Bank Pass 9/5/12 - YouTube

    &

    Engineer Trail 9/5/12 - YouTube

    You don't get stuff like this in Texas and at ski resort bike parks gotta pay to play! BTW this was done on a 29" XC race bike the 160mm rotors were overwhelmed thus I had to nurse it in the last few miles.

  20. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    297
    Hal, lemme know next time ur in austin and lets ride together. I want to preach the 29isms with you to people riding lol.
    2012 Ellsworth Evolution
    x9 type 2, x0 cranks,
    fox 34 talas140mm with CC angleset -1.5

  21. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HAL 9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyRoots View Post
    Hal, lemme know next time ur in austin and lets ride together. I want to preach the 29isms with you to people riding lol.
    It's like politics some idiots will never come around.

    I "get" the 27.5" mtb thing as the group that can't admit 29" wheels are superior but the folks still clinging on to kiddie 26" wheels in this day and age are laughable at best.

    I don't know of ONE serious Mt.Biker still rolling around on 26" wheels.

    Personally I'm not down with the whole hill country riding or trails been there done that ten years ago flat creek and pace bend are tolerable everything else has no appeal to me.

  22. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EmbraceTheHate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL 9000 View Post
    It's like politics some idiots will never come around.

    I "get" the 27.5" mtb thing as the group that can't admit 29" wheels are superior but the folks still clinging on to kiddie 26" wheels in this day and age are laughable at best.

    I don't know of ONE serious Mt.Biker still rolling around on 26" wheels.

    Personally I'm not down with the whole hill country riding or trails been there done that ten years ago flat creek and pace bend are tolerable everything else has no appeal to me.
    Your just arrogant its cool tho least i know who to stay away from. Sounds like your a punk to maybe ill see ya around. Wait probably not since your not down with the hill country riding.......

    sent from my galaxy tab 2

  23. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL 9000 View Post
    It's like politics some idiots will never come around.

    I "get" the 27.5" mtb thing as the group that can't admit 29" wheels are superior but the folks still clinging on to kiddie 26" wheels in this day and age are laughable at best.

    I don't know of ONE serious Mt.Biker still rolling around on 26" wheels.

    Personally I'm not down with the whole hill country riding or trails been there done that ten years ago flat creek and pace bend are tolerable everything else has no appeal to me.
    Nino! Nino! Nino! Nino! He just went to 27.5, but yeah what about Absalon?
    2012 Ellsworth Evolution
    x9 type 2, x0 cranks,
    fox 34 talas140mm with CC angleset -1.5

  24. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL 9000 View Post
    It's like politics some idiots will never come around.

    I "get" the 27.5" mtb thing as the group that can't admit 29" wheels are superior but the folks still clinging on to kiddie 26" wheels in this day and age are laughable at best.

    I don't know of ONE serious Mt.Biker still rolling around on 26" wheels.

    Personally I'm not down with the whole hill country riding or trails been there done that ten years ago flat creek and pace bend are tolerable everything else has no appeal to me.
    I sure don't get beat by many 29" riders, and I have only been riding and racing for two and half years.

  25. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HAL 9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyRoots View Post
    Nino! Nino! Nino! Nino! He just went to 27.5, but yeah what about Absalon?
    You are forgetting the olympics notice the 29er ridden by Kulhavy in front of Schurter



    Nevertheless the "professional" cyclists are paid to ride whatever their sponsors want them to ride with Absalon moving to BMC for 2013 It should be interesting to see him on a 29" or 27.5" bike.

    I don't race that often but the three TMBRA races I did this year I don't recall seeing anyone on a 26" bike in the CAT 1 40-49 class.

    bottom line ride what you want...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •